Friday, January 15, 2010

Warmth...Glorious Warmth

What a relief it is for "warm" weather to finally come our way.  We've had some record breaking, very lengthy freezing weather lately.  And, this southern gal does not do well when the temperatures hit the teens.  Seriously, how do you northern ladies do it?!!  When it gets below freezing I go into hibernation mode.  Poor Levi did not understand why his mama didn't want to go outside, but y'all it was soooooo cooooold...teeth chattering awful kind of cold.  And, I know some of you gals brave below zero temps.  Y'all are probably laughing at me right now, but hats off to you.  I'm just not made for it.  Since warmer (40s) temps have arrived lengthier periods of outdoor adventuring have been reinstated.  Levi is incredibly happy over this, and quite frankly so am I.  There's only so much to do in a house with a two year old whose driving desire is to be outside.
Since the onset of "warmth", Stephan and I have been hitting some playgrounds with Levi, and oh. my. what fun we've had.




 

Do you see that blue sky?!!  What a sight for sore eyes...and the warm sun!  Oh, it's been so nice.  So, how's the weather where you are?

6 comments:

  1. Ooh, aah. You would laugh at me even more. I put on a sweater when the temp hits the 60s. We've had a couple of weeks straight of cool weather, though, and I'm actually getting used to the 40- and 50-degree temps. Enjoy@

    ReplyDelete
  2. we have had a freezing cold winter ever since November-snow and ice everywhere! I think it's about 2 degrees Celsius today I do not do well with the cold weather!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We are in the middle of a heatwave as well. It's actually going to be in the upper twenties! I love it when it's warm like this so I can get the little ones out into some fresh air!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Okay, we live in Wisconsin and I was fantasizing about house closer to the Mason/Dixon line, you know? It has been bad here, like all of Canada is leaking onto us. And, finally that it is in the 30s, we're fine. It's funny how a difference your perception of what "winter" should be can change your whole outlook on life. It is gray here today. Gray, gray, gray. I can't handle it for too many days in a row!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay for warm! and that's some cool swing at the top there!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, how nice to get outside and enjoy the sunshine! We've hit the 40s here this week, which feels downright balmy! :) Still lots of snow on the ground. I do wish I could just hibernate all winter.

    ReplyDelete

I'm so glad you're here!