Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Sweet Dreams

Do you see anything odd about this picture?



Well, yes, there is a stuffed Santa.  Since it's way past even Epiphany I have no excuse for that one...except that when cleaning up the Christmas decorations, I inevitably forget a few.   But, Santa is really beside the point.  As is the small stuffed dog being squished under Levi's arm.  Have you spotted the real oddity yet?....look one more time....it's the covers!  Levi actually wants to be covered up now.  This child has refused blankets (and socks) every night since he was a few weeks old and decided swaddling was for the birds.  "No cover.  No cover." is an often repeated sentiment around these parts.  And, then one day, "I need cover."  Oh. Okay. Like mommy forgot that one or something.  Sigh.  I think it's the two year old in him.

Side note:  That Santa peeking out of the corner graced our couch every Christmas growing up.  When my mom tried to chunk it, I had to intervene.  Which is funny because I downplay the jolly fat man with Levi, but there's no way I'd ditch the Santa pillow.

7 comments:

  1. too cute! Funny how they suddenly change course eh?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww how they change.
    Love Santa...is that from one of those fabric patterns? I think we had something similar as kids...yup takes me back...and we are all known to rescue things of the past from our parents *chuck outs* too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, that sounds like Millie. She kicked off covers for the longest time. It's nice when they outgrow that.

    ReplyDelete
  4. And wait!?! SOFT objects to sleep with? Whoa!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cute as always! My son has to sleep with our big blanket that we had for the couch. We let him sleep with it one night when it was cold, and now he insists on having it every time.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think Santa should be a year round thing! ;)

    Nell

    ReplyDelete
  7. I feel like he's grown up SO much since I started reading your blog. Why do our babies have to get bigger? Ah ha. The dude is HUGE!

    ReplyDelete

I'm so glad you're here!