Monday, January 18, 2010

Racking Up

I'm pretty sure that I currently classify as one of the luckiest gals in the world.  On Christmas eve I got an email from Ken at Daddy Forever saying that I was the "potential" winner of an HP Touchsmart 600 PC computer.  The word "potential" definitely made me wary, so I tried very hard not to get excited.  I emailed Ken with my info, and received a couple of emails in response.  Still, I held in my "potential" glee.  And, then along came the Fed Ex man...on Friday to be exact.

New Computer

Oh. my. stars.  This thing is so freakin' lovely and wonderful and incredible.  And, it had impeccable timing because that old, nearly broken down computer you see next to the glorious new one, it was on its very last leg.  I had no idea how I would replace it if and when it died...especially since I went and bought myself a camera instead of saving my cash for an inevitable computer crash. Smart. 
Friday evening Stephan came over to put my lovely new baby together for me. From past computer experiences, I was positive that I would need help.  And, then I watched as he popped it out of the box, put it on my desk, plugged it in, and pressed the power button.  Presto! It was ready.
Despite yesterday's whining about technology overload, this thing is actually really user friendly.  Everything is neatly laid out, and it even has a nifty little tutorial to walk you through everything.  The coolest part though is that it takes up exactly the amount of space you see above.  There's no big box to shove under a desk and bang your toes on.  There aren't 50 cords to find plugs for...just one...yet it still holds way more info than my previous ancient computer, and it's so much prettier! Did I mention that you can touch the screen?  Hence its name.  Honestly, though, I still prefer the keyboard and mouse, but the touchscreen is definitely a fun feature.  Oh, and the size of the screen!  The fabulous and large screen makes my day.  Stephan and I don't have a t.v. between us.  We really don't want one...except for those occasions when we just want to chill out and watch a movie.  This is perfect for that.  The screen is big enough to actually be able to see it from the comfort of a couch or bed.  If I wanted to watch movies on my old computer, I had to sit in a chair really close to it which is not terribly relaxing. I love, love, love my new computer.  Thanks a million to HP for giving me this beauty!!!  And, if you're in the market for a swanky, new computer I would definitely recommend this one.

As if that wasn't enough to count me as Miss Lucky, there is more still.  Tonight I kind of melted down a bit.  Okay, so I melted down a lot.  I think it was the sleep deprivation induced by my determination to figure out photoshop.  (Note to self: Go to bed early tonight.)  Anyway, Levi pulled a whole bunch of stuff off my kitchen counter thus adding to the extreme mess that is (or was) my house.  I was tired, and already annoyed at what trying to move has done to my normally liveably tidy house.  So, when cookie cutters and hot chocolate mix spilled on the floor topped off by Levi asking for water and me realizing that I'd packed all but three dirty glasses, I might have started crying.  So, as I was putting Levi to bed, Stephan cleaned up!  Seriously, this is the scene that I saw when I walked back into the kitchen...

Stephan moving

Stephan cleaning

He even did my dishes...and made it so I could walk through my house without tripping...and packed up some more of my stuff...and then he told me to relax.  All of this after spending part of the day painting our new bedroom to be...notice the paint on his arms (which should be blue but looks like white?).  I do believe I've found myself a keeper.  This new year is off to a good start with a new computer, a camera, photoshop (even if it gives me fits), and the most rockin' awesome fiance this side of the mighty Mississippi.

P.S. I don't normally freak over spilled anything, but living with piles of boxes is starting to get to me.

7 comments:

  1. wow, what a guy!
    Congratulations on everything...
    An awesome and caring fiance, a new computer (which is stunning btw) a new camera...and Photoshop!?

    Yes I would say you ARE a lucky gal. You deserve it M!

    ReplyDelete
  2. he really is a star! Congratulations on winning the computer I bet you'll find its a lot of fun :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow congrats on the win! You have so many new toys to play with!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You lucky gal! Congrats on winning the computer! Enjoy it. I hope you get a chance to play around with Photoshop another time when you're more rested. ;)

    Isn't it great to have another set of hands -- connected to a big heart -- around to help just when you need it?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome, awesome, awesomeness!

    Nell

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow I don't normally get too excited over elctronic goods but yeah it sure is lovely! And so is your man and your new start....lucky lucky lovely lady!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I was hoping HP would send me one too, but they didn't. I think the touchscreen is cool, but the kids fingerprints would drive me crazy!

    ReplyDelete

I'm so glad you're here!