Saturday, January 2, 2010

Miscellany

~ Levi spent his second night away Friday.  Does this ever get any easier?  Just thinking about summer visitation makes me sick.  I can't imagine how he's going to handle it...or for that matter, how I'm going to handle it.

~ I lost my camera.  I have no idea where it's walked off too.  I've looked everywhere.  Unfortunately, my house has become something reminiscent of a bomb site.  Why can't I pack in something resembling order?

~ As you might have gathered from the above sentences, I am currently packing.  I didn't want to wait until the last minute, but now I'm starting to think the last minute sounds good.  At least then, I wouldn't be doing it right now.  I pretty much hate moving.  In fact when I moved in here, I swore I was never moving again.  Obviously, you can't believe me when I swear such crazy things.

~ Thankfully, I ordered a new camera before I lost my old one.  My reasoning for buying one when I already had a perfectly good one?...I had the cash (that probably should have gone to something smarter...like savings).  I figured once we got hitched we'd want to spend money on more practical things like the mortgage, so why not splurge the once?  And, I've been seriously coveting a nice DSLR camera for a very long time now.  So, I broke down and bought one.  All of that, to say that unless I find my old camera you won't be seeing too many photos until the new one comes in.  I'm not going to know what to do without a camera.  But, oh, boy, am I looking forward to playing with the new one!

~ I swear that I'm going to write the story soon...very soon.  Maybe even today...during a packing break.  For that matter, I could and should be writing it right now...during this packing break. 

~ I think this post makes me sound stressed, and I am kind of.  Mostly because of Levi being gone.  I feel like I'm missing multiple appendages when he's not here.  I'll be very glad when he's back in my arms...even if he screams half the night away like he did last time.  I can't wait for 6 o'clock to roll around.

P.S. Happy New Year!  I knew I was forgetting something important.

Update:
Thankfully, Levi seems to have handled his second visitation very well.  He came back this evening, and was actually happy!  We had a tea party with Baw-Baw and Nanno, ate supper (he actually ate which is a very good sign), and then he happily went to bed where he's been sleeping peacefully for a few hours.  Major turnaround from two weeks ago.  I so hope this isn't just a fluke.  I hate being separated from my little fella, but what gets me the most is thinking that he's unhappy.  

2 comments:

  1. I have been living under a rock. Obviously. You sure know how to pack a rollercoaster into a short space of time! I so hope Levi's second night away was easier in spades (I can put myself in your shoes, oh so easily, and am wincing at the anguish). But wow, congratulations are also in all sorts of order - on your pending getting hitched-ness and even a DSLR camera! CONGRATULATIONS.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh man.. I don't see how it will ever get easier. Just thinking about it makes me want to cry, and I'm not even living it!

    Nell

    ReplyDelete

I'm so glad you're here!