Friday, January 8, 2010

I Have No Idea How To Use This Thing


Let me just start by saying that I love, love, love my new camera.  However, I really and truly have no clue what I'm doing with it.  There are buttons that I'm still figuring out.  And, that manual I swore I would read cover to cover...ahem...well, I haven't...yet.  And, I'm still trying to get used to how bulky it is.  I mean I knew it would be bigger and heavier than what I was used to, but I didn't realize that it's size would pose such a challenge.  I was sort of spoiled by the one handed ease of my little Canon Power Shot.  Despite all of that, I am truly smitten.  It takes WAY better and clearer photographs even under my clumsy, novice hands. 

Levi even loves it.  He's thinks being photographed is way cool which is good because he's got his own personal Mama paparazzi following him around. 

Unfortunately, he often thinks he has to get really close to the camera...
 
And, just because I think he looks like a classic old man in this one, I'm totally posting it (bad photograph, grumpy face and all)...He is crazy about pockets, so he walks around like this all the time.
 

A funny little side note:  Levi just woke up from his nap, climbed into my lap, plopped a fireman hat on my head, and is now pointing at the screen "Levi, Levi, that's Levi.  I touch Levi!"  Sigh.  Well, I've got to run.  I have a munchkin to play with.

Oh, don't forget to enter my giveaway!!

7 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness, I love the "grumpy old man" picture, the hands in the pockets are just too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hee hee! He does look sort of like a little old man in that pose!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I got my Canon Rebel just over a year ago and I'm still figuring it out. (My college photography classes are slow to return to my brain I guess!) Take time, experiment, and enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You're going to love it! It took me awhile to truly understand what everything meant, but that didn't stop me from experimenting and guessing for oh, a year first. I mostly shoot in the aperture priority mode (Av on the dial) these days if that is any help. I like how fast it is to adjust with my kids running around and also does what I want it to do.

    I love your grumpy old man.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooooo I love your new camera too the photos are so nice

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh that last photo makes me heart happy!

    It took me forever to understand my camera when I first laid my hands on it.

    I still don't know everything!

    Your Friend,
    Nell Taliercio
    CasualFridayEveryDay.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have had my rebel for two years and I am still figuring it out also.
    I did take a class at a local photography store and that was really helpful. There are a lot of sites that have tutorials and photo challenges that help. I think time and patience are the best teachers :)

    ReplyDelete

I'm so glad you're here!