Friday, January 22, 2010

He Cooks With Felt

I  started making felt food a couple of months ago.  I was going to make something here and there until I had a little collection put together as a surprise for Levi.  Wedding plans got in the way, so I set aside the two eggs and almost finished orange slice.  Of course, I thought I set them aside where little munchkin hands wouldn't find them....ha ha....

Untitled-21

Untitled-17
Levi totally doesn't give a rip that the orange slice isn't finished.  In fact I think he might have lost it already.  The eggs were definitely his favorites.

The eggs are really so stinkin' easy to make:

~Fold a piece of white felt in half.  Cut out an amoeba like shape (if you aren't confident in your amoeba cutting skills then just go for a circle or oval).  You should have two matching pieces.
~Now cut a smallish, orange felt circle for the yolk.  You want it to be in proportion to your egg whites.
~Blanket stitch the orange circle to one of the white felt pieces using yellow or orange embroidery thread.  Leave a small opening and lightly stuff with cotton.  Finish blanket stitching until closed.
~Now sandwich the two egg white pieces together yolk facing outwards.  Blanket stitch all the way around with white embroidery thread.
~Voila!  Your little chef is ready to cook up some eggs...

Untitled-7 copy

9 comments:

  1. Aw, he's such a cutie!

    Felt food! Add that to my list of things to craft. Actually, I've wanted to make some for the longest time, though at this rate it will be Millie and I working on it together.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do you have play pots and pans? If so...where did you get them? The dude is CONSTANTLY cooking except he uses our pots and pans. Ah ha

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're so creative. Those eggs are adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love it! You'll be an awesome "teacher" with him --- you already are!

    Nell

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very cute. Jemima is looking over my shoulder telling me that one day I should make it too. It sounds so easy, I probably will!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I so want to replace all the plastic food we have with felt food.

    Love those eggs!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cute stuff! There's definitely a market for play food like this on Etsy! Just a thought!

    ReplyDelete
  8. These are gorgeous! Love that googy egg!

    ReplyDelete
  9. These are gorgeous! Love that googy egg!

    ReplyDelete

I'm so glad you're here!