Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Book Meme

Crystal tagged me for this book meme. It looks like fun.

The Rules:
* Grab the nearest book.
* Open the book to page 56.
* Find the fifth sentence.
* Post the text of the next two to five sentences in your blog along with these instructions.
* Don't dig for your favorite book, the cool book, or the intellectual one, pick the CLOSEST.
* Tag five other people to do the same.

Closest book is Cold Comfort Farm by Stella Gibbons. It's the book I'm currently reading. It's got a lovely, quirky sense of humor to it.
Alrighty then, page 56, fifth sentence.....

"The seeds wither as they fall into the ground, and the earth will not nourish 'em. The cows are barren and the sows are farren and the King's Evil and the Queen's Bane and the Prince's Heritage ravages our crops. 'Cos why? 'Cos there's a curse on us, Robert Poste's child."

Don't ask. I haven't gotten that far in the book, and I don't want to read the whole page just to figure out how to explain it. That might spoil things a bit.

I'm going to break the tagging rules. Anyone who has recently left me a comment can count themselves as tagged. Let me know if you do this one. I'd love to read the results.

Hmm...next closest book would've been the phone book. That would've been fun.

1 comment:

I'm so glad you're here!