Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Ready for Halloween...Sort Of

Finding a baby friendly Halloween costume is no easy task. I can't believe parents can convince their babies to get into half the costumes out there. Really, I do wish Levi was more compliant about getting dressed up because I could so get into concocting some really crazy costume. Unfortunately, Levi balks at just getting dressed in normal clothes--forget about all things bulky. In my search for simple, bulk-free clothes that I could turn into a pseudo costume, I ran across a cute set of two Halloween jammies. The ones not pictured below are going to be transformed into the super comfy legs and sleeves of Levi's soon to be costume. The ones actually pictured below are destined to be his staple October jammies. Although I'm thinking a little boy can pull off spiders anytime of the year. Why restrict them to October?
When I put the little fella' into his chic new jammies, he was surprisingly agreeable. Generally, he acts like getting dressed is a form of torture. He then proceeded to look back and forth from sleeve to sleeve like he'd never seen anything so crazy in his little life. And, it hit me, he hadn't--at least not that he could remember. Sleeves haven't been a regular part of his wardrobe in quite some time. This looking back and forth went on for quite some time. It was sporadically interrupted by very cute bouts of clapping followed by more looking back and forth.
This morning we got up and played for awhile. Currently playing entails pulling everything off of every reachable surface. It's a good look for my house. ;)

Of course, then Levi had to move on to pulling things out of the diaper cabinet. If you notice the clutter on top, those are all the childproofing doodads that I haven't gotten around to putting up because I've been too busy chasing Levi to pull out a drill and screwdriver.And, then we moved on to the living room to wreak more havoc.

4 comments:

  1. I didn't think my son would take to a real "costumey" costume, either, so I just keep his really simple. When he's older and can decide what he wants to be for Halloween, he can get more elaborate if he wants, I figure.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such cute jammies! I can't wait to see him in his Halloween costume.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those are really cute jammies! We've never dressed up Tate yet...but I THINK he might be sort of agreeable to the idea...maybe. He doesn't mind putting on normal clothes anyways. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. pictures of your kid always make me smile

    ReplyDelete

I'm so glad you're here!