Sunday, October 5, 2008

The Joys of Motherhood

Levi has taken to crawling into the shower with me and insisting that I hold him. I have a walk in shower with a shower curtain instead of a door--no bathtub. :( It's pretty easy for him to crawl right in now that he's so mobile. He did this for the first time a few days ago. When I have to shower while he's awake, I keep the curtain cracked enough so that he can see me, and, more importantly, I can see him. Well, the other day, he decided just to crawl right on in with me. It was all I could do to pull his clothes off before they got too wet. He is terrified of the water and clings to me for dear life. Every time the water hits him he ducks and cringes. It's really quite pitiful. The difficulties encountered while trying to shower with an extra 25 pounds are definitely interesting. I only thought reaching my toes was hard to do while I was pregnant. Despite all this it absolutely melts my heart. He'd rather be clinging to me in a terribly scary place (i.e. the shower stall) than sitting out in the dry safety without me. How much better could it possibly get?

3 comments:

  1. haha that is pretty stinkin cute!
    I am excited to be a mother someday so I too can have lots of hilarious stories to share. And I am sure my kids will be full of personality, just as Levi inherited from you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey madeline!

    i made a ring sling out of cheap athletic mesh, and it would be great for the shower. i actually have enough fabric and an extra set of the nylon (plastic) rings if you'd like them! just let me know...

    email me - partridgejj@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you, Jessie! I will definitely be contacting you!

    ReplyDelete

I'm so glad you're here!