Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Busy Bees

Just a bit of an update. Sorry to the relatives, it's a pictureless one. We've been very busy lately, with nothing terribly exciting.
Saturday was spent at the ballpark. Oddly enough, we were not watching a ballgame. I was caricaturing for an event while Nana strolled the little guy around. It was my first time to caricature in almost a year--since I was pregnant with Levi. I had to take a break once my belly began to get in the way of being able to draw. The company sponsoring the event was desperate for caricaturists, so they agreed to let me bring along Nana and Levi and take nursing breaks. I was terribly nervous. I was certain that I had lost all drawing abilities in the past year and would do an awful job, but surprise, surprise, it went way better than I expected. Of course, when you expect the worst, it's really not too difficult for things to go better than planned. Nana and Levi enjoyed the beautiful weather, and afterwards we had a lovely lunch with Bob (you might remember him from here) and the other caricaturists, Jordan and Justin.
It finally hit me on Sunday how exhausted I was from Saturday. I know caricaturing doesn't sound exhausting, but believe me it is--fun but exhausting. I still managed to stay awake through morning church. Then in the evening the youth led a worship service, and I wanted to lend my support, tired or not.
And, along came Monday, which was filled with preschool art classes. Nana usually accompanies us on Monday, but she woke up sick. Luckily for me, Grandpa took over for the day. Yay, Grandpa! After a few preschool style meltdowns, lots of paint and crayons, Levi and I headed home and sunk into bed early. Yay, Levi for giving mommy a break by actually falling asleep at a decent hour.
And, now we're off to Tuesday which has been entirely rearranged because Nana is still under the weather. We had plans--nothing catastrophically important, but now it's just me and Levi. So we're going to run some much needed errands and possibly have lunch with Grandpa. He has to check his schedule and get back with us. Yesterday threw a monkey wrench into his day, but he was mighty sweet about it.

3 comments:

  1. I'm sorry to contact you here, but I've lost your address and need to send the shirt that you've won. Please contact me at my etsy store:

    http://therockingpony.etsy.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's great that your parents are able to help out with Levi. Grandparents are so much better than daycare. I hope you've gotten rested up and that your mom feels better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, I didn't know you are so talented. It would be great to see some caricatures.

    ReplyDelete

I'm so glad you're here!