Sunday, May 31, 2009

Simple Joy Sunday

This has been a whirlwind of a week! It seems like we've been on the go constantly. I found such joy in our few stolen moments of outdoor time. Especially, when Levi became fascinated by the chairs in Nana and Baw-baw's backyard. Sitting was certainly a welcome respite.
And, of course, how could I not be joyful about these sweet helping hands?
Levi is beyond thrilled that the lawnmower broke. Okay, so he doesn't have a clue what broken really is, but he's pretty darn excited that it is temporarily parked in a very accessible spot. We pass it at least 20 times a day now, and every time he wants to "ride" it. However, he doesn't want me on it with him. This is him trying to shove me off of it. Ha!
The anticipation is killing me. Every time I pass my garden I try with all my might to will these to turn red. This bush is laden with beautiful green orbs, and my mouth is already watering. Turn red!!...Please.
And, I can barely wait for these to turn blue. Fruits and vegetables are some of the few redeeming qualities of our insanely humid and hot summers. If it takes heat to ripen these beauties then bring it on!
If you'd like to play along with Simple Joy Sundays then check out Cool Zebra's blog. Hope y'all had a smashing weekend!

15 comments:

  1. haha...love the face he's making while trying to shove you off!

    Oh my gosh, those fruits and veggies are going to be sooo good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do you know I always love what you're wearing in the photos you post?

    We have some black chairs like that in our garden too. But sadly, no fruits or veggies.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Did I mention that I'm not jealous of your garden? Nope not at all :-) Looks like it's coming along beautifully.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh we are so far from the fruit stage of tomatoes. I am jealous. I can admit it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I so wish I had a garden going. And little Levi gets cuter and cute every pic I see.

    ReplyDelete
  6. very cute:-) I keep wishg my tomatoes red, mine don;t have as many as yours yet though, I have 3:-) but more are forming, I love them fresh picked and warm off the vine,yummo:-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Levi is at such a busy age, it's so nice when they actually want to sit down! And his little mad face is just priceless!

    I am with you on the weather...I want some heat to get things growing!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You are always dressed so awesome ... Wear sweats darn it! lol

    Your garden is so awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh yeah..those tomatoes look yummmmmy! If only there were red though. :) Hey, I've heard you can make fried green tomatoes and they're apparently tasty...but I've never tried. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. 1. You and your outfit-- too cute.

    2. That face! Oh that face. I don't know if that is a common little boy face or if Clark and Levi just have it in common but boy does it ever look familiar.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hey Madeline, Looks like you have been quite busy. What a great expression Levi is making. So cute. You look gorgeous by the way, so stylish. And I so want some blueberries right now.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Look at you! So stylish and feminine and pretty! I love your outfit in these photos.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your garden is amazing! And soon enough you'll have red tomatoes up to your eyeballs and be desperately chutney-making in an effort to maintain some control!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Well, Maa-Maa, your blog is just so wonderful. It makes me smile. Love, Mom

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh even his upset face is gorgeous! *Off Mama*!...this is no place for girls!

    ReplyDelete

I'm so glad you're here!