Monday, May 4, 2009

You're Probably Sick Of Them Already....

...but the flowers this time of the year are absolutely stunning. They are everywhere, and they totally make up for the mosquitoes and fire ants that have also started coming out in droves. Oh, and lets not forget the springtime spiders and their progeny. The flowers make up for those, too.
Roses have never been at the top of my list, but these are lovely:
Of all the flowers in bloom, the wild ones are my favorites. Like this Indian Paintbrush:
And, these Louisiana Irises:
And, lets not forget the ever so charming wild roses. They look a lot like blackberry flowers and even bloom at the same time.
I have no idea if oxalis is wild or not, but we have areas around the house that are nearly carpeted in their beauty. Nifty factoid: these are also known as false shamrocks.
Spring flowers have an amazing way of making me forget all the bad stuff about spring--like pollen and mosquitoes.

6 comments:

  1. You are surrounded by such beauty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So pretty....how can anyone get sick of flowers? especially the one's that will bear fruit! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. So not sick of flower photos. I really like the 3rd one, with the path in the background.

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh there sure is a riot of lovely colours and blooms in the yard...
    so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, your yard is just bursting! And I thought my yard had a lot of flowers. You definitely have me beat. ;)

    ReplyDelete

I'm so glad you're here!