Thursday, May 28, 2009

Bruised

Levi gets his graceful nature from me. This was made especially apparent yesterday when he ran headlong into a door resulting in a very bruised face. If you're ever around me much you'll find out pretty quickly that I am terribly clumsy. Case in point, I've run into at least 10 inanimate objects today. One of which was a bookshelf. Nice, huh?
I love the dirty look he's giving me in this one....like it's all my fault! Ha! I guess it kind of is since I passed on the clumsy gene.
A friend of mine gave me this bunny. It wraps around a mini ice pack. Levi still hasn't quite gotten that the bunny has to be applied to the actually injury to do any good.
Poor thing, he's doomed to a childhood of perma-skinned knees.

6 comments:

  1. Ha, if it runs in the family, than my youngest must be a part of it! He ran into something on the playground last week and has a huge bruise on his forehead, then a few days ago when we were at Old Navy visiting his peeps (and returning clothes) he ran right into a hook on the wall that was holding belts and hit right below his eye. So, now he has the bruise, plus a black eye. I'm worried people must think I abuse him or something! Oh, and he's always crashing into me.. which is how I got two concussions in one year, and then last weekend got kicked in the head when he landed on my back doing a somersault. Craziness! The funny thing is that I rarely remember my oldest getting hurt, and not once has he ever injured me. Strange how different kids can be!

    The bunny icepack is really cute. We need to keep an entire bunny family in our freezer! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Levi really is looking at you like it's all your fault. So sweet.

    (Not only did I pass on clumsiness to Clark, I also passed on a redhead bruise-like-a-peach gene too. His poor legs are spotted all over.)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aw, poor little guy. Hope it heals up real quick!

    ReplyDelete
  4. My 2-year-old has a big bruise on her cheek right now too. We were playing hide & seek...and she ran right into the edge of the bathtub! Poor little girl.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh dear...yes this is a common occurance in our household. My little guy is currently sporting pretty purple right in the middle of his forehead thanks to headbutting the floor....sometimes he misses by only millimetres sometimes he is not so lucky!
    Love the look in the first picture!

    ReplyDelete
  6. ouch!
    It is always the "monsters" fault when Ethan gets hurt.

    ReplyDelete

I'm so glad you're here!