Tuesday, May 26, 2009

The Hotter The Better

...That's Levi's motto. His favorite foods include salsa and chili, and he loves them SPICY. Nana and Baw-baw keep salsa in their refrigerator now, especially for him. Yesterday, during one of our visits he made a beeline for the fridge. When he gave up on trying to open it himself, he looked up at me and said, "Ope, ope! Sa-sa, sa-sa!! Ope, ope!" Directly translated that means "Open, open! Salsa, salsa! Open, open!" Or in plain English, "Give me salsa! Now!"
Somehow he's gotten it in his little head that he needs to stand on a chair at the counter to eat his salsa.I love the last pic because that is so how he eats. He just shovels food in and, without intervention, he'll just keep on shoving it in until there's no more room. Then, when you take the food away, he starts screaming with a mouth chock full. I try not to laugh, but it's hard sometimes.

10 comments:

  1. That is so cute! Can't say I blame him, salsa and chips, mmmm.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cute....and look at his bare little spring legs!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. too funny:-) We love salsa and chips too though not too spicy.
    Hey at least he likes ahealthy sncak salsa is so good for you full of great veggies,yum.

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG. Too funny. What a cutie!

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh, the little old italian woman in me just squealed, "oh, bambino! manga! manga!" i love it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is awesome that he likes spicy foods!

    ReplyDelete
  7. How cute! Fly loves salsa too, and other savory foods, but I haven't tried to give him anything spicy. Maybe he'd like it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Funny - my girl HATES all things spicy. And the strange thing is that I craved and ate jalapenos my entire pregnancy with her.

    It seems so foreign to see a child eating salsa!

    ReplyDelete

I'm so glad you're here!