Sunday, May 3, 2009

Simple Joy Sunday

Phew...I've remembered to do this just in the nick of time! It's been a long and exhausting week, but also a very joyful one. Taking a few moments to contemplate those joys has really been a blessing. However, I'm tired as tired can be, so I'll only leave you with my top simple joy of the week. I made this little sound wall for Levi. There's a bucket of sticks near it, and he loves to grab one and go to town banging away. I love that its made out of junk and odds and ends...even some things that he broke and that were destined for the trash.
I also love that it's on my porch, so when the summer sun starts beating down relentlessly we'll be able to take cover and still have a bit of fun.
Most of all though, I love that Levi loves it.
What have you found joyful this week? Head on over to Cool Zebras, and share a few of your joys (or even just one).

11 comments:

  1. Wow you are a better Mom than I! I see that and just think wow that's a lot of noise! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fabulous idea Madeline. Pure Genious!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that the summer sun is appearing more and more too...and that the weather is finally starting to warm up - I hung my laundry outside to dry again today! woohoo! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's such a clever idea! I bet he'll get hours of entertainment from it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous....I have wanted to do this for the longest time...but so many other things to do...I'm sure he just loves it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ohmygosh, that looks like so much fun! Fly would love that. He has a drum set and other instruments, but still.... You are so clever!

    ReplyDelete
  7. oh wow! that is a fantastic adventure he can revisit day after day. I love this idea.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love love love this idea.. and it would drive my snobby neighbors crazy, ha! If I ever get my dream house in the country, this is one of the first things I am doing. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. It's been too long since I've checked in here! I ADORE that sound wall. A great idea, and you've made it look so lovely!

    ReplyDelete

I'm so glad you're here!