Sunday, May 24, 2009

Simple Joy Sunday

Oops! I forgot last week. Oh, well, it was bound to happen one of these fine days. This week has been full of joyful happenings.
-My plants are growing fabulously as you can see here and here. No worries, I won't torture you with anymore garden photos...today.
-We've had lovely, drizzly rain for a couple of days now. It's that kind of rain where the sun still shines and all the green stuff looks greener than you could possibly imagine and the world just looks happy and clean. I like that kind of rain. We don't get it very often, so it's a nice treat. Mostly we get the scary thunderstorms, tornadoes, and leftover hurricanes.
-Yesterday, we took a trip to the farmer's market, one of my favorite places. It truly is a trip for us. It's about an hour and a half round trip drive--especially since Nana (or Nanno as Levi has newly dubbed her) was behind the wheel. So worth it though. The seasons first blueberries. Mine are still green, so I had to snag some of these early ones. I might possibly have nearly consumed 2 cartons of them already.And freshly shelled Lady Peas...I'm in love. They were heavenly. Notice the tense there..."were".
We came home with loads of good stuff...cabbage, squash, zucchini, green onions, carrots, radishes (because I so didn't grow enough) and even some homemade hummus. When there's this much fabulous, fresh food around, I seriously dream about all the yummy dishes I'm going to make. I think about food a lot. Is that strange? Oooo...speaking of food, I need to come up with something yummy for Memorial day. Hmmmm.....
Levi's been pretty congested for a couple of days now, but nothing too bad...that is until this morning. He woke up pretty miserable, so we've been chillin' out all day. And, thanks to Bek we've found a new favorite:



Levi is quite smitten with Justine, and despite his miserable state, he was bopping his head, wiggling his feet, and just grinning away. So this anti-TV mommy is now pretty smitten with YouTube.
Hope y'all are having a joyful weekend. Head on over to Cool Zebras to join in on Simple Joy Sunday!

8 comments:

  1. youtube rocks for those little moments you just need to snuggle and watch a little!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I still haven't made it to the Farmer's Market here. I want to go!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just love fresh things! Our local market opens this coming weekend and I can not wait!

    Steph

    ReplyDelete
  4. So with you on blueberries. Now I want to drive the hour and a half it takes to get to the fabulous market in Winter Park. Ahhhhhhhh

    ReplyDelete
  5. Blueberries are delicious. We eat those by the handful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh how wonderful you have found "our" Justine Clarke! My little one's love her too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. so much yummy goodness...lucky for you. sounds like your'e enjoying it too! I think farmer's markets would be one of my favourite things to do.

    ReplyDelete
  8. oh, please don't ever stop blogging about your garden! i love hearing about even the most minor of changes. spring is just magical like that.

    ReplyDelete

I'm so glad you're here!