Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Sniffles and Such

We're having a sick day....both of us. We're quite a pitiful sight in our p.j.'s with runny noses and puffy eyes. I'd post pictures, but I'm a bit too self conscious to pull out the camera on days like today. And, I doubt y'all really want to see us quite this beautiful. Ya' might get jealous. ;)
In case we're not the only ones with pollen allergies, I thought I'd share one of my favorite soothing "teas." Now, I'm not promising a cure with this, but it sure does taste nice.
What you'll need:
1/2 a lemon
1 tablespoon honey (local honey is supposed to help with allergies--so support your local beekeepers)
a mug of water

What to do:
Heat your water. It doesn't have to be boiling-just on the hot side of warm will do. Personally I like to heat my water in a tea kettle. I'm just finicky like that, but a microwave does just fine. squeeze 1/2 a lemon into a mug. Add your honey. Pour in your hot water, stir, and enjoy. It's kind of like hot lemonade.

14 comments:

  1. Hope you're feeling better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I too get horrible allergies, this sounds like such a soohting drink sort like a yummy warm cough drop. I htink I will try it next time the allergies hit.

    take it easy you two.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope the tea helps comfort you a bit and that you feel better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. We like that drink too. Hope you're both better soon :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's really interesting about the local honey. We all have allergies too.

    I love the cold-air humidifier at night - good stuff. I hope you feel better.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Local Honey really does help with Allergies. i got a spoonful a day growing up. My folks are Bee Keepers Hope you get some relief, enjoy your tea ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. oooh get well! I'm a kettle gal too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. yuck ... hope you are feeling better already!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm so sorry you two aren't feeling well. I am not really a tea drinker (I have a strange complex about hot clear beverages... I can't say it makes sense!) but that sounds pretty soothing. And I love your tea kettle. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. We make that drink too, and sometimes will add fresh ginger.
    Hope you get to feeling better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh no. Hope you feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I saw your tweet about this. I hope you both feel better!

    ReplyDelete
  13. The tea does sound good! Hope you all feel a TON better soon!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. So sorry! Wish I could bring you a pot of steaming Chicken Soup! Do you have colds or is it "just" allergies?

    Get Well Soon!

    ReplyDelete

I'm so glad you're here!