Saturday, April 11, 2009

I Promise I Have An Excuse

Oh, my stars! I can't believe how sporadic a blogger I've become the past couple of weeks. My excuses? It all started off with getting sick, and then it snowballed from there. I was in charge of a church picnic and outing last weekend as well as the church Easter Egg Hunt which happened today. On top of all that I decided to make Levi's Easter Basket. Had I ever made a basket? No. Did I have any inkling how to go about making one? Not really. It turned out to be a VERY time consuming task that finally and thankfully ended last night around 12:30--just in the nick of time. It's not exactly like I envisioned it to be, but oh, well.
Today's Easter Egg Hunt was a blast. We kicked things off with a brunch, face painting, and egg dying. Then we got down to business and hunted down some eggs. Surprisingly, Levi really got into it. Baw-Baw (have I mentioned that's his new name for his Grandpa?) would show him an egg, and Levi would make a beeline for it and put it in his basket. He had a pretty nice stash by the end of it all.
Next week, things should slow down a bit. Maybe I'll be able to do some catching up. How is it that being sick puts me so far behind. We're practically swimming in dirty laundry, and the backed up to do list makes me cringe just looking at it. But, you know what? I don't plan to make a dent in any of it this weekend. The weather is just too beautiful, and, hey, it's Easter--time to celebrate not do laundry!
I hope y'all have a beautiful Easter tomorrow. We're cooking up another Easter Egg Hunt for Levi after church. He got so into today's we figure a second one is in order. Of course, a yummy lunch will be on the agenda as well. Maybe even a nap for Mommy and baby. What are your Easter plans?

4 comments:

  1. It is so nice to read that you are cool with letting it slide when you can. When the sun is shining, laundry always get ignored!

    It takes me FOREVER to catch up after being sick. Funny how fragile our balance on things truly is.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you are all healthy. And trying to get back on track after being sick is overwhelming. I completely agree. When it is beautiful outside Laundry gets pushed aside. Happy Resurection Sunday.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like you've been having a great weekend! And yeah...being sick always puts me WAY behind too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't believe you made that basket! You're so ambitious...I'm impressed. What did you make it out of?

    P.S. Our 2-year-old loved the easter egg hunts too. In fact, we've been doing "mini" hunts all week in our backyard...she can't get enough! :)

    ReplyDelete

I'm so glad you're here!