Sunday, April 19, 2009

Simple Joy Sunday

Bubbles topped the simple joy list...at least as far as Levi was concerned. We "cooked" up a batch of bubbles and then blew to our hearts content. It certainly made for a fun way to spiff up an otherwise dreary day:
The bubbles were full of good clean fun, but our week did hold a few more simple joys worth mentioning. The number one being that my sewing machine and I seem to have finally come to an understanding. We've always had quite the love hate relationship that bordered more on hate than love, but as you might have noticed here and here we've been getting along rather well of late. And, this week has been smooth sailing for the two of us.
Now, I don't know how fond y'all are of crawfish (mudbugs, crawdads, crayfish, crawdaddies...whatever you want to call them), but I think they are absolutely heavenly. Friday I started having a serious craving for some crawfish yumminess. My dad surprised us by taking us out to eat at one of our favorite local spots, and, lo and behold, they had a new menu item--boiled crawfish. So, of course we ordered, 10 pounds of them and ate to our hearts content. Yum!
Hope y'all have had loads of simple joys worth celebrating this week. If you'd like to join in on the fun the head over to Cool Zebras.

8 comments:

  1. Ooo bubble. We love bubbles!!!

    Sewing machines can get cranky. I have never done it but I have read that getting one's machine serviced sometimes helps!??! It isn't cheap though which is a drag.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like good times....and bubbles are a big favourite around here too! oh and I understand your love hate relationship with the sewing machine....it changes like the wind right? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I especially love how much kids love bubbles. And they are inexpensive fun too!

    Thanks for playing! I'll get you linked up!

    ReplyDelete
  4. My dad brought the boys bubbles yesterday and E dumped his entire container out onto the patio and then proceeded to eat "bites" of bubbles off of A's spoon (aka; bubble wand). Unlike my little weirdo, Levi looks perfectly happy just watching them float around. :)

    Happy to hear that you and your sewing machine are beginning to work together more peacefully!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh yumm. I call em crawdaddies. And they are soooo good. I was born on Johns Island in Charleston SC. Before my mom got divorced and we moved to New England to be closer to my grandparents. I just love that you say y'all to. It's so lovely. :) Glad you had a great day with your family. Great bubble pics.

    ReplyDelete
  6. My sewing machine and I a hate-hate relationship. The last time I tried to use it the needle broke. But not before I accidentally sewed on my mother-in-law's finger. I love every type of shellfish. Yummm. Wish we had fresh seafood here!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Bubbles are one of the best simple joys!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Crawfish boils are the best things about spring and summer in Texas. I often make a pig of myself by eating way too many crawfish. I've yet to be invited to a crawfish boil this season, though. I'd better find some new friends.

    ReplyDelete

I'm so glad you're here!