Sunday, April 5, 2009

It Just Drags On and On

Sorry for the unexpected blogging absence. We've had a bit of a rough time lately with illness and a very busy weekend.
When I'm sick I typically just wait it out with the rare over the counter medicine. Well, this time, knowing I had a busy weekend scheduled, I decided to jump right in with some sinus meds. I am now officially allergic to the stuff. Wednesday night was a bit of a scary event involving uncontrollable shaking and zero sleep. Luckily, Levi slept great that night, so I didn't have a lot of mommying to do on top of everything. Thursday, due to lack of sleep and muscle pain from shaking and being sick in general, was rotten beyond words. Friday was an improvement--thank the Lord because I had already put off errands to the last minute.
And then Saturday I woke up minus my voice, just in time for an outing I'd planned for church. A cup of hot tea mildly repaired it, so, of course, I chatted away the entire day. By the end of it, my voice was whittled down to a tiny whisper. It was a good day, though. We had a picnic, and headed to the Science Museum's Nature Fest where we saw tortoises and raptors and snakes, oh, my!
Although I brought my camera, I was too busy chatting and keeping Levi from poking the animals to pull it out. So, I snagged a couple of cute Levi and Madeline pics from my preacher's wife's facebook page. Thanks Cindy!! So glad I didn't look as icky as I felt:Today, I again woke up voiceless. And, again it came back just enough for me to chat (in a rough, gravely, not so cute voice) through Sunday School and the church potluck lunch. Me thinks it will be good and gone by this evening.
Oh, well, I suppose without a little sickness we couldn't truly appreciate health.

7 comments:

  1. Whew! What a week! I hope this next week is full of much happier and healthier days! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have the same reaction to most sinus and all cold medicine too, so I usually just have to tough it out. Like you said, being sick does make you appreciate being healthy though! Hope you get feeling better soon, I'm happy you guys were able to get out a bit and you look beautiful as always, even if you're not feeling so well on the inside!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm sick again too. Yuck. Also lost my voice which my husband thinks is wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great Picture of you and Levi :) Sorry you have been feeling Nasty. I am praying that you get your voice back for real next time. Glad you were able to get out of the house though.
    Nature fest sounds like a great way to spend a day.
    Reactions to medication can be scary. I am glad you are OK. We have that all to frequently over here to. SO we don't take much of anything besides tylenol. And that's only if we can't stand the pain. Zyrtec made Lily and I shake so bad one time I freaked out and called the doctor and she said it was pretty common, and not to take it ever again. Scary. Who knows what is in medicine now a days.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so sorry this is dragging on and on. Hope things turn around today!

    ReplyDelete
  6. For what it's worth, you look great! I'd have never guessed you were sick. Hope you're feeling better.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Icky! No way! You look beautiful! And I love that black vest/shirt you're wearing - where is it from?

    ReplyDelete

I'm so glad you're here!