Sunday, April 12, 2009

Simple Joy Sunday--Easter Style

We had a truly blessed Easter weekend with no shortage of simple pleasures. The first being our risen Savior. A close second being His beautiful handiwork (2nd and 3rd flower photos courtesy of Annie, my little sister).



Other simple pleasures...little Easter bunnies that hopped into Levi's Easter basket late last night. Have I mentioned my crazy tendency to feel the uncontrollable urge to whip things up at the last minute?
Of course, I have to mention Levi's latest simple joy: gardening. He loves mini gardening tools and is quickly gaining quite a collection. This rake, though, is an old favorite.
I pray that each one of you had a very blessed and wonderful Easter weekend. If you'd like to join in on Simple Joy Sunday then head over the Cool Zebras' pad. She'll get you all linked up!

P.S. I nearly forgot! Levi said his first official multisyllabic word today (unless of course you count ma-ma and such). At lunch, while eating potatoes, he said "badaydo." Then he was hooked, and said it over and over. . . .possibly because we were so excited. Talk about simple pleasures!

9 comments:

  1. Gorgeous!
    Glad you had such a great Easter weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow those flowers really make me long for warmer weather!

    Thanks for playing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stunning colors! Hope you had a wonderful Easter as well! :)

    Yay for the simple pleasure of words!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous photos, especially the last one :)

    I am happy to hear you had a wonderful Easter.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm glad you had such a lovely weekend - and hearing your child learn new words - that is definitely a simple joy (one of the best, in my opinion!)

    ReplyDelete
  6. The tie is cute, but I think Levi is even cuter! What a cute pair you two are!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful photos! Glad you had a blessed Easter!

    ReplyDelete
  8. such lovely flowers:-) You two look like you had a wonderful day.

    Adam and Shawn have a collection of garden tools too, they where raking today, and dug a very interesting hole in the corner of the yard.hmmm,

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great Easter joys, my friend. :)

    ReplyDelete

I'm so glad you're here!