Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Happy Mail!

I love a good piece of mail. Unfortunately my box rarely contains such delight. Last Friday, as I came inside from working in the garden, I found this waiting patiently at my doorstep:For her 100th post Bek at Red Chocolate gave away a family portrait, and yippee, I won! This sweet little portrait did quite a bit of travelling to get to my door--coming all the way from Australia. Can't wait to find a frame and a permanent home for it. Thanks so much Bek for brightening my day!!

10 comments:

  1. Yay! That's awesome I love the detail on your hair. What a lovely job she did. I never enter anything cause I don't think I will win. Haha Kind of silly. Cause if I never enter, of course I won't win.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's so fun, and unique! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. what a cute portrait, and how wonderful to find it in the mail waiting, I usually get bills and junk mail:-)


    btw, do you still have the spiders or are they all gone?

    ReplyDelete
  4. How cute it that?!?! Congrats on winning!

    ReplyDelete
  5. that's wonderful :) I bet it will bring a smile to your face every time you see it when it's framed up.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm so glad it made it safely! (and that you like it!)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey, that's cool! I love how the two of you are looking at each other.

    ReplyDelete

I'm so glad you're here!