Sunday, April 5, 2009

Simple Joy Sunday--Sort Of

I nearly forgot to do this one, and then I decided I didn't have time for it. So, why am I here? Because I'm in need of a dose of gratitude. What better way to get it than to list a few simple joys. To be honest, I've been bordering on ridiculously UNgrateful this week. I've spent the vast majority of my time tired and frustrated and really not focused on all the blessings around me. Despite feeling the need to get back into my pajamas right after church, having a voice that fades in and out, developing an icky cough, and spending two whole hours trying to get Levi to bed, today was really a good day.
The weather was beautiful and the flowers are blooming like crazy:Levi even picked one for me (it's the tiny mutilated speck between his fingers):
I actually had the leisure time to get back in my not so attractive pjs:
And, even if there was nothing else to smile about there's always this cute little face:
If you feel the need to spread the joy of simple, sweet moments head on over to Cool Zebras. Hope y'all have a super fabulous week!

11 comments:

  1. I definitely feel your pain and admire your ambition to do a post anyway!

    ReplyDelete
  2. how sweet he picked you a flower , hope your feeling better soon,

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am happy that even though you're not feeling well, you were still able to find a little bit of joy in your day. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's totally how I am... "Oh yeah that thing I said I was going to do is now in the past. Oops." The PJs look pretty cute to me. I sleep in mismatched crazy looking stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Also, is there anything sweeter than your son picking a flower for you? I sure don't think so. (melt)

    ReplyDelete
  6. awww so sweet to see the simple grateful things in life when they are so not apparent at first glance!

    ReplyDelete
  7. He's such a precious little man. Pretty flowers too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hope this week has turned out a little more healthy!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Those flowers are gorgeous! Hope you feel better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  10. So sorry things are rough! It must be the season. Between baby teething, finances, needing to diet, and well, life - I've had a very grumbly heart lately. :(

    You have the right attitude though and it has encouraged me :) Levi is just adorable (love the smushed up flower he gave to Mommy!) and you are always so pretty!!!

    ReplyDelete

I'm so glad you're here!