Monday, March 30, 2009

Cinnamon Makes The World Go "Yum!"

I got quite a few requests for the cinnamon bread recipe from yesterday's post. The recipe came from allrecipes, which is chock full of super fabulousness. This one is particularly easy and yummy. I did make a couple of minor changes, and the recipe below will reflect those.

Ingredients:
  • 2 cups all-purpose flour
  • 1 cup white sugar
  • 2 teaspoons baking powder
  • 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
  • 1 teaspoon salt
  • 4 tablespoons dry buttermilk powder (If you don't use buttermilk often enough to warrant keeping it around, this stuff is very handy. If you have real buttermilk skip the powder and replace the 1 cup water (below) with 1 cup buttermilk)
  • 1 cup water
  • 1/4 cup vegetable oil
  • 2 eggs
  • 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
  • 2 tablespoons white sugar
  • 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
  • 2 teaspoons butter
Instructions:
--Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease one 9x5 inch loaf pan--make sure to grease generously. Apparently I didn't do this well enough, so part of the bottom of my loaf stuck. It still tasted good.
--In a large mixing bowl, measure flour, 1 cup sugar, baking powder, baking soda, 1 1/2 tsp cinnamon, salt, buttermilk powder, water, oil, eggs, and vanilla. Beat 3 minutes. Pour into greased loaf pan.--In a small bowl cut butter into 2 tbsp white sugar and 1 tsp cinnamon until mixture is crumbly. Sprinkle over the top of the batter. Using a knife, cut in a light swirling motion to give a marbled effect.
--The recipe says to bake 50 minutes. Mine took about 10 minutes longer. It's done when you insert a toothpick, and it comes out clean.
--Remove bread from the pan and let cool on a rack.
--Enjoy!

6 comments:

  1. mmmmm... I can almost smell it from here! Wish I had a slice and some tea to go with it.

    Thank you for your sweet comments. I don't know why but I am quite self conscious about posting! I started to erase my post, but you convinced me to keep it up. :)

    I'm always blessed by reading your blog! Your boy's sweet little self always makes me smile and your posts enrich my soul. Thanks for shining brightly for Him and for being an example of a great Mama for this semi-frazzled and at (the same time) pretty awestruck Mama :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. mmm that sounds so yummy! It is snowing today maybe we need some cinnamon bread!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I need to make this! I looks so darn good. Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Allrecipes.com has the BEST recipes! And homemade bread is one of my favorite foods - especially when it's warm, right out of the oven.

    ReplyDelete
  5. sounds great I will have to try to make it myself
    thanks for visiting my blog and entering a great contest

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for the recipe!! Yummmmmy!

    ReplyDelete

I'm so glad you're here!