Monday, April 13, 2009

Sweet Surprises

This weekend held many wonderful little surprises. For Levi, they took the form of colorful eggs, (mostly) handmade treats and toys, and loads of lovely sweets. For me, the surprise was in the joy that my little fella' got out of this lovely holiday. His delight over hidden eggs and fuzzy little bunnies left me beaming. It might be quite some time before he gets the true meaning of Easter, but in the meantime I'll just sit back and enjoy his beautiful curiosity and his terribly cute squeals of delight over a found "eck" (a.k.a. egg).
I was convinced that he would spend all of his time doing this...plucking the heads off all the flowers.
But he was truly enthralled by the whole egg finding adventure. Plucking flowers didn't occur to him until all of the eggs had been found....
...and dumped out and found yet again.
Oh, yes. Let's not forget they all had to be emptied of their contents as well.

16 comments:

  1. how cute, looks like he had an awesome time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very gorgeous indeed....what fun! Your little guy just gets more "delicious" by the day. So sorry to hear you guys have been ill as well....seems like all is mended now though. Great Easter pics!

    ReplyDelete
  3. He looks soooo cute in his special tie! Glad you had a fun Easter.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The tie you made turned out every bit as cute as I imagined. Isn't it amazing how much holidays have an impact on little ones? Clark is still talking about his pumpking bucket and wearing his costume six months ago and after yesterday, I do believe that Easter may have actually one-upped his trick or treat memories. Happy Easter!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aww.. how fun! You looks so pretty and he is so handsome in his tie. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. These photos are so sweet. Love the 2nd one!!

    Steph

    ReplyDelete
  7. aww what a cutie pie!!! Love these kinds of surprises!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh I am so glad you posted pics of him in the tie you made. Love it. How Handsome. And easter egg hunting is so fun. Especially when you get to crack em open:)

    ReplyDelete
  9. What fun!

    And the flowers reminds me - I gave Esme a little wildflower bouquet - hoping to get some photos. She first counted all the flowers and then proceeded to strip all the blossoms off. So much for the photos.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely blog, and nice to meet you!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Grace,
    Thank you! It's very nice to "meet" you too. Do you have a blog that's available to the public? I love getting to know other bloggers. :)
    Madeline

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks to all of you for the sweet compliments!!
    Madeline

    ReplyDelete
  13. I just ran across your blog and thought I'd say hello!

    Your little boy is adorable and your pics are just beautiful!

    Drop by and say hi!

    Blessings,
    Mandy

    ReplyDelete
  14. All dressed up! I love his tie and matching shoes!

    ReplyDelete
  15. So sweet! I love watching young children meander around looking for eggs, getting distracted, looking for eggs, eating some candy. What a cutie :)

    ReplyDelete

I'm so glad you're here!