Wednesday, April 22, 2009

It Was An Earthy Kind Of Day

Until about an hour ago, I had no idea that today was Earth Day. How do I miss these things??? Despite having chatted with a friend this afternoon about Earth Day, it still managed to escape my notice that...duh...that's today. Granted, that knowledge probably wouldn't have had any real effect on the day's goings on. Except that I might have posted this much earlier and probably wouldn't have left my camera at my moms. Sorry guys! This one will be pictureless.
Most of today was spent in the garden digging and planting and digging and planting some more. Oh, yeah, and chasing Levi and re-digging holes that he filled in and trying to convince him not to pull up the tomato plants that I just put in the ground and then chasing him a bit more and on and on and on. I can say with some certainty that while we were out Levi indulged in a little dirt munching. The ring around his mouth gave him away. Reminds me of something we used to say as kids. Anyone else remember this one? "God made dirt, and dirt don't hurt!" What's childhood without liberal quantities of mud and dirt? Hope y'all had a down and dirty good time today. Happy Earth Day!!

5 comments:

  1. There's no better way to celebrate the Earth than to eat some dirt! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. planting, digging and snacking on a few samples of dirt ae great ways to spend Earth Day:-) Anyhow glad it was a fun one, its always interesting getting anythign done with tots around

    ReplyDelete
  3. I remember that saying about dirt!

    I celebrated a day late. But I think a lot of people just call the whole month of April Earth Month and that's that.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely earth day....we remebered but alas were not prepared for any organised activities this year....although we are in the garden every day...doing a bit of dirt munching too just like little Levi!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like the perfect way to spend earth day :)

    ReplyDelete

I'm so glad you're here!