Sunday, April 26, 2009

Simple Joy Sunday

I'm on a roll. This will be my 5th Simple Joy Sunday. I haven't forgotten a single one yet! Of course, now I've gone and jinxed myself, so just watch me forget next week. Alrighty then, on to the simple joys of the week:
1. My garden--which I have yet to take pictures of, mostly because it looks like dirt with a couple of tomato plants and some herbs. The basil is still microscopic, and the beans, cabbages, cilantro, dill, carrots, radishes, onions, etc. have yet to make an appearance seeing as I just put the seeds in the ground a few days ago. Levi cracks me up trying to help me. Although I hear he might have annihilated my dill while outside with my dad. Way to go "Baw-baw" for keeping an eye on him. I love to dig and plant and watch things grow, but one of the best parts is anticipating the harvest. This year looks promising with blueberry bushes laden with unripe berries, nine tomato plants in the ground (some already beginning to flower), tons of beautiful blackberry flowers, and more herbs than we can shake a stick at. We're working on another patch of dirt for some cucumbers, squash, and a few more carrots.
2. How could we have a Simple Joy Sunday post in the midst of spring without flowers. New ones pop up every day this time of the year. Like these Indian Paintbrush flowers:And these lovely weeds (I think they are called Fleabane or something like that.):
And these wild Louisiana Irises:
3. On the list of simple joys for Levi, we've got sticks, stones, and mud. Seriously, those three things have topped the best toys ever list.
If you want to join in on Simple Joy Sunday head on over to Cool Zebras. Hope y'all have a joyful week ahead!

5 comments:

  1. I am so jealous about the garden and the flowers. We can't even plant outside until around Mother's Day. Sigh!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow you are on a roll, Good Job. I just started participating in "Thankful Thursdays" and already missed my second week, though I am not surprised. lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh and the bit about mud,sticks,stones, I would have to agree with you on that one.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I sense a spring bug in your system...how lovely!
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sticks stones and mud are huge hits here too!

    ReplyDelete

I'm so glad you're here!