Monday, March 2, 2009

They're Blurry But I Love 'Em

The flash bugs the stew out of me, so tonight I turned it off. . . generally not a good idea whilst photographing a squirmy munchkin. But, hey, I might as well live dangerously. Not a single pic came out clear. (Hmmm...wonder why??) Most of them only had appendages in the shot, but a few of them I loved--despite their blurriness.
Disclaimer: I've stayed up far too late the past few nights trying to create some semblance of order in my slightly out of control home. So, it's possible that tomorrow I will wake up and go, "Huh?? What was I thinking?" But tonight, with my sleep deprived brain, I'm really kinda liking these.

12 comments:

  1. I think they are wonderful. Capturing memories is what it is all about. Especially when they are young it all goes by so fast. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha, my favorite is the last one.
    great :)

    and of course, I will never forget my marla pink shoes mannequin hunt. I still have her, she's part of the family.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love blurry pictures. They show motion! The flash strips all the magic away. :) You and your boy are both adorable. And I feel the same way about blogging late at night. Sometimes the next day I look at what I posted and just laugh.

    -Erin

    ReplyDelete
  4. awww love self portraits with the kid! they are awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sweet :) Y'know, I heard a great tip the other day for reducing that icky flash glare: tape a piece of white paper over the flash. It will still illuminate the image, but be less severe. I haven't tried it yet, but I'm tempted to...seems like a nice alternative to the deer-in-the-headlights vs. blurry conundrum.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the photos. What an angel he is!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love how these photos capture movement which best represents children and mama life! Very sweet. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Too sweet! They captured both of you beautifully!

    ReplyDelete
  9. they are lovely photos - I like em blurry too. Not a big fan of the flash either. You captured some sweet moments there.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Blurry or not I think these shots are really arty...I love them....so natural!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm not a big fan of the flash either. I avoid it at (almost) all costs...I think that's why most of the photos in our "collection" are outdoor shots. The lighting is just better that way.

    All that to say - I love these "blurry" shots.

    ReplyDelete

I'm so glad you're here!