Friday, March 27, 2009

Kitchen Love

For a while there I thought Levi would never let me cook again. His anxiety level raised a few notches every time I tried to cook. But, we have finally found the solution...a stool. Turns out the little fella' likes to be a part of the action.
Despite not actually breaking the skin on these oranges, Levi still said, "mmmm" and "ahhh" after every "bite". You would have thought orange peels actually tasted good.
He's actually holding a measuring spoon in this pic. The blur makes it look a tad knife-like at first glance. Not that I'm opposed to little ones honing their knife wielding skills. I just wouldn't be multitasking with the camera and the mixer while he was chopping away. In case you're the very observant type and currently scratching your head, this isn't my kitchen. My mom has a gas stove/oven, so I use her kitchen more often than my own.

Hope y'all have a lovely and scrumptious weekend!

12 comments:

  1. It's exciting that he's so curious! My littlest one brought me an orange this morning that apparently he tried to peel himself, because chunks of it were missing.. ha!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My munckin bites right through the skin too. I wonder if their taste buds aren't developed enough to know it's yucky yet. haha. So glad you found that a stool was the solution.
    You are so lucky, if I lived near my mom I would be cooking @ her house all the time. Just for the company. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ha! Too funny biting into that orange!

    I'm sure you and Levi have many fun cooking adventures ahead!

    ReplyDelete
  4. He is so cute. Helping in the kitchen is important, even when they aren't helpful (most of the time).

    ReplyDelete
  5. there sure is so much learning and socializing opportunities in the kitchen. looks like he just wants a part of the action :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's wonderful that you're allowing him to "help." So many opportunities to learn in the kitchen!

    ReplyDelete
  7. It does kinda look like a knife-- ha ha! How sweet that he helps you. He must have quite the attention span for such a little guy.

    I hang out at my mom's house 2-3 times a week, and she does not live next door. She lives like 20 minutes away. I drive there, because hanging out with her is worth it. I hope my kids do the same when I am older. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. That's awesome...love that he thought the orange peel was so delicious! ;) Just wait till he gets old enough to start mixing up that cookie batter for you...oh and tasting it of course!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have a little helper or 2 in the kitchen... but only one step. Not very harmonious! By the way, you won my giveaway! Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  10. My kids love "helping" in the kitchen so I am always trying to find ways to incorporate their interests.

    A bowl with flour to mix is fun (messy) if that is not enough to satisfy add cinnamon for colour or water for texture.

    The kids also adore "Washing" the dishes for me after baking. Be prepared to have to clean up afterward, but my floor is always sparkling!

    ReplyDelete
  11. funny the little imagination huh? Its good to get them involved...All three of mine want to get involved when Im doing anything in the kitched...it ends up total chaos :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. How fun! My boy loves to push a chair over to the counter when I'm cooking, especially if there's a mess to be made!

    ReplyDelete

I'm so glad you're here!