Friday, February 27, 2009

Party Girl

Levi got his first birthday invite in the mail last week. At 15 months I'm pretty sure his social life is better than mine. ;) The birthday girl is a sweet friend from church, and her party is tomorrow. Earlier in the week, I went on a present search. Yikes! I hadn't a clue what to buy. Every time I found something she might like, I wondered if she already had it. After unsuccessfully browsing the toy sections of two stores I opted for the diy route. Since generally I'm whipping up toys for my little boy, it was a nice change of pace to make something for a little girl. Though, I might have gone a little crazy with the pink! Hope she likes it.You might notice that I ditched the traditional tail. Instead I opted for a fluffy pom-pom tail which I made out of pink yarn...you can just barely make it out in the above pic. I also added a little felt bow to her hair. She needed an accessory! I've dubbed her Maude.Hope y'all have a stellar weekend!

12 comments:

  1. Oh, too cute! I'm sure the birthday girl will love her!

    We have an old sock monkey that belonged to my husband when he was little, and my kids just love "Old monkey". His tail is what is about to fall apart, though, so good call on the pom-pom on Maude. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Madeline, you made that? You are amazing. I've never made stuffed toys, but I keep telling myself I am going to try. I want to see other stuff you've made!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aww...she's so cute! Love that tail!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ohmygosh, that is so sweet! You are so creative. That tail is something else!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is AWESOME! I love the monkey and the name is the icing on the cake!

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh. my. gosh. i went to a friend's child's birthday party today, and bought her something so underwhelming. i sure wish i could have commissioned you to make her one of these instead... seriously cute.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow a little party...I get so excited for my little ones when they get invited to parties...I'm certain she will love your gift...it is so girly and gorgeous and handmade! Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I absolutely love it. Thanks for sharing your wonderful creation with us. What a great gift, Levi's little friend will be so blessed.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is awesome. I am so excited to try it out - maybe in some brown and tans? Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Um - If I tried to 'whip up something' it'd be a pipe-cleaner flower. And even then it'd look like pipe cleaners. Impressive!! I'll have to invite you all to our next birthday party so my kids can share in the cuteness. Let me know the next time you're in Texas and I'll make sure to throw a birthday party and invite you!

    Nice work!

    ReplyDelete
  11. That is an awesome gift! I bet she will treasure that monkey. Good on you for going handmade - I can rarely find decent toys in large department stores. Anyway nothing could compare to Maude's charm.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I know I am late on posting on this DIY, but I just found your site and must say LOVE IT!!

    I have a 2 year old lil girl who would get a kick out of this. Any hopes of a tutorial(hint,hint)?

    I look forward to seeing more from you. Happy New Year!

    michellewash211@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete

I'm so glad you're here!