Monday, March 16, 2009

Drip, Drip, Drip....Meow

Thankfully the rain is not as steady as I had imagined it would be. It has relegated itself to mostly nighttime pouring with scattered drizzles and showers during the day. Thus Levi has not been completely banned from outdoor romping. Although my washing machine does not thank me for this.

The times we've had to head for cover have certainly forced creative use of everyday objects. I mean really, what 16 month old actually wants to play with toys? Not mine for sure, but a basket of clothespins...now that's a treat. And a green mesh strawberry container, the joys in life never cease. Let's not forget boxes, empty cans, spatulas, spoons, and dog crates--yes, my child actually resorted to entertaining himself via climbing into a dog crate. I so wish that my camera had been handy. Of course, even if I did have my camera, I would have been laughing to hard to operate it.

Never fear, sunshine is on its way, and it will be met with much gladness and joy...and meowing. Yes, it's true, aliens stole my little fella' and replaced him with a cat! I now awaken every morning to a sweet meowing coming from Levi's side of the bed. He continues to meow at everything throughout the day. I'm convinced it's the aliens. Any thoughts?

8 comments:

  1. Oh, I love when children start to become animals! Today my youngest was a turtle.. it changes daily. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha - you are not alone with the toy thing. Even to this day, my 3-year-old prefers a box filled with foam peanuts to his "toys." And, if it is a good toy, it can become many different things. His favorite right now is a collection of parade necklaces (those cheap, environmentally-unfriendly plastic contraptions). But, I have been served spaghetti and strawberry jam while pretending to be a firefighter! I love that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha. My Lily was pretending to be a dog this morning. Crawling around barking and pawing @ me. So funny. Thier little imaginations are so precious. And about the toys. I sometimes wonder why we even bothered. The only thing my girls play with are the play kitchen and their dolls. So we stopped buying toys a long time ago.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those non-toys are always the most fun aren't they?

    ReplyDelete
  5. aww love when the kids turn into animals! Yay for wet, dirty weather! Toys are overrated!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Now that is truly gorgeous! Meow Levi....

    ReplyDelete
  7. What fun! Kids find such inventive ways to play.

    My guess is he will meow for a while and then try out a new animal. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hahahaha I love it....meow..xx

    ReplyDelete

I'm so glad you're here!