Sunday, March 29, 2009

Simple Joy Sunday

Okay, so I'm terrible at remembering to do weekly themed posts. Scratch that...I've never actually tried to do one, so I can't really know that I'm terrible at remembering to do them. But, I can't seem to ever remember to do the first one, so doing followups is next to impossible. If you're still with me after that crazy rambling, I'm going to attempt my first one. Don't be surprised if I forget to do a second one.
Cool Zebras (who by the way is very cool and helped make me feel like a not so awful mommy last night via Twitter) hosts Simple Joy Sunday. I love her Simple Joy posts, so I've decided to break my habit of forgetfulness and hop on in. Only three Sundays have passed since I originally considered doing this...not too bad.

My simple joys this week:

1. The fact that I actually remembered to do this post--even if Sunday is only a couple of hours away from being over. Very impressive.

2. Cooking with my oh so fabulous "assistant chef."3. Yummilicious Cinnamon Bread.
4. Exploring indoors....
5. ...and out.What are your Simple Joys?

16 comments:

  1. Great post! Thanks for playing. I linked your post.

    I find since I started this series that I spend more time looking for the little joys.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice!

    The circumstances of life lately have had me reminding myself often that I am surrounded by so many good things -- healthy children, loving family, good food and a safe, warm home. Really, what more do I need? :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. mmm....that cinnamon bread looks yummmy!! Are ya gonna post the recipe one day? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. The loaf looks delicious and the boy even more delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh that cinnamon loaf does look soooo good. So does life there.
    Spring looks like it is creeping your way....xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your skirt in the first picture. Yummy bread, definately share that recipe if you please. And the moss, I love moss. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. love this post, I always want to do the themed days of the week stuff and forgt too I like this one . I htink I will begin next Sunday-if I remember:-)-

    My simple joys are watching the birds enjoy our feeders , splashing in puddles after the rain with the kids, roasting marshmellows. rainbows.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, such sweet simple joys! Thank you for sharing. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Good idea - I think I'll start doing this too. And, yes, please post the cinnamon bread recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  10. HI madeline- love your name btw,- its my oldest daughters name- yes we do have duckies, we live on the water so they aren;t really mine but they are everywhere.-my daughters want us to raise a few of them ourselves though, we will see-.

    ReplyDelete
  11. sunny weather.

    and i would probably add cinnamon bread to the list if i had the recipe. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I wish I could reach through the computer and help myself to a slice of that cinnamon bread. But that would be rude.

    I love the drawers Levi is playing with!

    And is that a coral bean plant? It's beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh, I have one! My bamboo sheets. I am so thankful for them and their soft soft softness every night when I get in bed. I forget about them all day long, but then I get in bed and remember they were there waiting for me all day. Cinnamon bread sounds really good.

    ReplyDelete
  14. That's lovely...and of course joyful....I'm not super at themes either....I get way too distracted....

    ReplyDelete
  15. don't feel bad I've said I was going to do the baby signing video every friday...not very regular am I? This is really cute idea by the way :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. And you managed to paint your toenails red somehow too! :)

    ReplyDelete

I'm so glad you're here!