Wednesday, July 2, 2008

My Birthday With The Little Muscle Man

It's my birthday, and so far a pretty good one. The chunkeroo is napping, and I'm still in my pj's. I take that back. . .the chunkeroo is no longer napping....Okay, chunkeroo is now happily playing next to my feet.
So, a birthday's just not a birthday unless you put yourself at risk of a sugar coma. Thus far I have had 4 generously sized pieces of french toast made with homemade french bread. I'm currently munching on some mac and cheese, and contemplating whipping up a few more pieces of french toast for dessert. My sweet sis is on her way back from working at the zoo, and my mother has roped her into picking up an ice cream cake (my personal favorite). I definitely intend to enjoy my dessert before and after dinner.
I opted out of the traditional family mode of celebrating birthdays. The past few weeks have been soooo busy, and somehow, wrangling the chunkeroo through dinner and a movie just wasn't very appealing today. I'd much rather just spend time relaxing and playing.
The best part--my parent's oh so sweet gift to me is a pedicure to be scheduled at my convenience. I love pedicures! So far, so good. A nice relaxing birthday--exactly what I wanted!
Now for your viewing pleasure-no worries, you don't have to see me in my pj's--here's a cute pic of the chunkeroo.
I've been trying to teach him how to sign "I love you" for a month or more now with no luck. My dad the past few days decided to teach him to show his muscles, and of course that's what he's doing now all the time. It looks amazingly similar to "pick me up" except he clenches his fists and often gets a very intense expression on his face. I've been too busy laughing to get the really good muscle pics, but this one's pretty funny. He's just grinning in this one. I'll have to catch him with one his serious, gum-gritting expressions. Those just crack me up!

P.S. Dear Sweet Brother, I know you get this blog sent to your phone. And I'll forgive you for only ever commenting once, but if you don't call me on my birthday especially after this lovely reminder, then I'm going to send Levi and his muscles after you! Lots of Love. Your sweet sis, Madeline

3 comments:

  1. First of all, happy birthday!! I hope you have a great day...eating sugary stuff, and of course being with that tough 'lil muscle man of yours! (I LOVE that picture...too funny! ;) ).

    ReplyDelete
  2. AWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW!!!!!!! He is so freaking adorable!!! what a cute little chunk. Looks just like his mom. I'm in France now and I'll be mailing you a B-day card. got you a Levi something cute. Love you always

    Kathryn

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kathryn!!!!! I miss you soooo much! I hope you're loving France. Email me some fabulous pics and European adventure stories. Love you lots!

    ReplyDelete

I'm so glad you're here!