Monday, July 28, 2008

And He's Off

He crawled!!!!! Of course, I didn't have my camera anywhere near me when it happened. Twice, for that matter. The first time he became terribly interested in the cat food bowl, and he crawled over to it. So, I immediately retrieved my camera. I sat there for an hour waiting while Levi played and scooted but did not crawl. Eventually I got hungry, so as I was eating breakfast, he did it again. And, of course, no camera in sight. Arggh! You'd think I would have learned my lesson the first time. Oh well, who needs to watch their baby's first crawl through a camera lens anyway. Here's a cute non-crawling picture of the little fellow. I tried using the phone as bait. He definitely caught the bait, but by scooting instead of crawling.

5 comments:

  1. I remember a story about a professional photographer that video taped his childs first walk. He later realized that while he caught it on tape, he never really saw it himself. He decided from then on he would use his own eyes to experience his childs "firsts" and take pictures and videos of later attempts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! Congratulations to Levi! He is just SO cute. There will be plenty of time to get good pictures of him crawling. In a way, it's good that you didn't get a picture, that way it can be a special moment that was just between you and your baby.

    ReplyDelete
  3. He's darling! And we always used remote controls and phones as bait, too! : )

    Steph

    ReplyDelete
  4. ohhhh...it all happens so FAST! Don't worry, before you know it, that crawl will become constant and you'll be begging him to sit still for a photo op:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. They always seem to know when a camera is around.

    ReplyDelete

I'm so glad you're here!