Sunday, February 8, 2009

Simple, Wonderful

This weekend was one of the first weekends in some time that really FELT like a weekend. Maybe it was the stunningly beautiful glimpse of spring weather that sent us all outdoors to soak in the goodness or the fact that Levi has finally put all of his walking skills together and is really getting into it, or maybe its just that I didn't have to run a single errand and could just sit back and enjoy. Whatever it was, it was perfect and wonderful in all of its simplicity.
Saturday morning Levi and I headed outdoors to enjoy the beautiful day. His feet hit the ground and he was off. Since his first steps, he hasn't taken more than 4 in a row. That is, until Saturday. He led me around our entire front yard--which is huge. Then we headed for the backyard. Once he decided he could really walk, the boy just took off. We spent two solid hours walking around.
Eventually we headed up to the barn with Aunt Annie. Levi tried to chase down the chickens. Our girls were a bit fast for his little legs. They were so fast that I had trouble getting a good shot of them. You might be able to make them out to the left of the tree.
Grandpa joined us for a little barnside visit. Levi decided to take a bit of a break to watch Aunt Annie clip her horse's nails.
Of course, no weekend would be complete without an afternoon drive. No worries, we don't let the little man loose on the roads--just around the farm a bit.

7 comments:

  1. Oh, I love the photo with Levi, his grandpa, and the horse.. how sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  2. He's getting so big!!! I'm freaking out that our babies are totally little boys now...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Flip flops? Oh my! It will be awhile before flip flops come to Indiana. What a seriously lovely looking day. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so jealous!
    I want to wear flip flops!

    Glad you had a fabulous weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like he's really into the whole walking thing...oh, and driving too! hehe :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh bless...look at that little look of concentration on his driving face!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ha ha! I have great memories of my grandfather letting me "drive". He looks so serious about it too.

    ReplyDelete

I'm so glad you're here!