Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Thriftastic

Once upon a time, not so very long ago, I was absolutely hooked on thrifting. Nothing short of tying me up and tossing me in the basement could have kept me out of the thrift shops on a more than weekly basis. Then a lovely bundle of joy came my way and really shook up my routine.
To be honest, since having Levi I haven't even thought about thrift stores. I still frequent consignment stores, but down and dirty, dig through tons of junk to find awesome treasures at unbeatable prices thrift stores--those have not been on my must do list. They are quickly inching their way back in. You just can't beat the prices...and the treasures--oh,my stars!
My thrifting focus has certainly changed since my Levi-less days. Once upon a time you could have found me scavenging the furniture and household accessories--not to mention adding to my off beat collections of mannequins and virgin Mary statues. However, my home is overflowing. When the little fella' came along I had to send many of my treasures back from whence they came just to fit Levi in. So, now you'll generally find me perusing the children's books for vintage booty as well as the little munchkin clothing racks.
Here are yesterdays fabulous finds:
Vintage children's books galore (They just don't make 'em like this anymore!)
A cute little bomber jacket for the little fella'. It's a tad big now, but eventually it will be just perfect.
This might just be my favorite. It's an adorable little knitted vest with a wrap around dachshund. How cute is that!!

And all of this loot (plus a few less exciting but terribly practical finds) for just a few bucks. I'm officially re-hooked on thrifting!

9 comments:

  1. Oooo too cute! I so want to find the time to go thrifting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the bomber! So cute! And the little plane zipper! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, some great finds.

    The zip on the coat is soooo cute.

    I like the books too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh! I just adore that little jacket!

    There aren't any good thrift stores near me, sadly. I used to go to one all the time in college.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, you found some great stuff! I love thrifting too...but it does require time, which is in short supply when there are little ones in the picture!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fantastic! I love going to thrift shops! It really is like treasure hunting for the rest of us! That bomber jacket is to die for!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow what a good loot! No wonder you are hooked again.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm a HUGE thrift store junkie!!! I'm glad to see I'm not the only one. I've been trying to go without the boys lately so I can actually shop and try things on. They are always happy with a large $2.00 bag of toys!

    ReplyDelete

I'm so glad you're here!