Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Picture Day

This weekend we had our pictures taken for the church photo directory. (Think school picture day just in the church fellowship hall instead of the school auditorium.) To be honest, we weren't bowled over by the results. I mean, how is it possible to walk in a place thinking you look pretty darn good and walk out feeling like you've gained thirty pounds and bad hair to top it off? But...since we were all gussied up anyway, we snapped a few pics of our own. Call me crazy, but I totally prefer outdoor, all natural, snapshots to stiff, staged "portraits". I may not have a swanky-danky camera or any roll down backdrops, but I'm really liking these anyway. They show us doing whatever it is that we do--albeit a little more dressed up than usual.
I just have to say, I think I have quite a beautiful sister. Not only is she beautiful and a fabulous Auntie, she's pretty dang talented to boot. She made the dress she's wearing! :
So, there you have it, our non-professional but beloved family portraits.

8 comments:

  1. I love taking photos outside in natural light. The non-staged photos are always best. Great photos.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look fabulous! I love the big flower clasp on your sweater.

    My word verification: hylevi

    For real!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree. Natural, in the moment photos capture so much more! What a beautiful family you have. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Totally agree that natural settings make much better photos! Yours turned out great!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those are awesome...love them...and your sister's dress is gorgeous too! Wish I could sew like that!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those are fantastic family photos! Wow!

    "I mean, how is it possible to walk in a place thinking you look pretty darn good and walk out feeling like you've gained thirty pounds and bad hair to top it off?" This is what I'm afraid of when our directory photos will be taken in a couple weeks. Gulp!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You have such a sweet family! And I am with you on the outdoor, candid shots. I think those capture the real, true moments in life, and that's what you want to remember!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your sister made that dress? Wow! It's beautiful! She should start a business.

    I love that vibrant green color. Perfect for spring!

    ReplyDelete

I'm so glad you're here!