Monday, June 29, 2009

What's On Your Doorstep?

These two moths showed up on my doorstep a few days ago. They were far more interesting than the run of the mill variety. This first one was huge...nearly the size of a Luna Moth which is pretty darn big in moth terms.
This one was quite the opposite. It's a teensy little thing, and has little fuzzy legs and an incredibly cute little "mustache" (really probably the antennae).
I know y'all all woke up dying to know what was on my doorstep. I'm sure Erin is especially intrigued....ahem...if memory serves me she has a slight fear of moths. Sorry, girl...hope we can still be friends!

In other, totally unrelated news, Yana from Heart Go Boom-Boom is expected her first little bundle of joy! I am thrilled for her. Since we spent a semester as college roomies, I probably should have done a whole separate congratulatory post, sans moths. But really, how fun would that be?! Anyway...Yana, you are destined to be an incredible mother. I am so excited for you and can't wait to see tons of belly pics and get a little peek into your journey into motherhood. Enjoy every moment, and rest up...you're building a baby in there! It's a tough job, but definitely quite an honor!

14 comments:

  1. I love that you can enjoy moths, even if they look like weird bird-cousins to me and I may possibly have nightmares about them nesting in my hair and stuff. So yes, we can OF COURSE still be friends. You thought a little old moth post would drive me away?

    And I saw Yana's post-- so happy for her!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are scary-looking critters, though the first could possibly pass as a butterfly in Esme's eyes...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very interesting bugs!! The only bugs that drive me crazy are, well, mosquitos, and probably wood ticks!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hmmm, those are interesting to say the least! I'm so not good with things like that.

    Congrats to your college roomie!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow amazing looking moths...and big congratulations to your friend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. the moths are wonderful to see on your doorstep so pretty. Gods creatures are all different and amazing in thier own ways.

    Congrats to your friend how exciting the first baby is a true adventure. And all babies are blessings.Hugs to her.

    ReplyDelete
  7. There was a weird looking moth-like creature perched below our front door handle that flew at me yesterday and started the bejeebies out of me.

    The one in your photo is gorgeous though.

    ReplyDelete
  8. They look awesome in pictures. That's about it for me.

    ReplyDelete
  9. A moth landed on my baby boy this weekend. Freaked his mama out more than him. Congrats to the new mommy to be!

    ReplyDelete
  10. sooo pretty! I like the mustache a whole lot.

    ReplyDelete
  11. congrats to yana!

    btw, i had grilled green tomatoes for dinner last night on my burgers... oh. my. goodness. how have i never had this before!? so, thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I have a husband who has been known to faint at the flutter of a moth's wing - big burly bloke that he is. He will be devastated I told you.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Awww Madeline, thank you!
    I was just sitting there reading about your moths, and then Bam! There I was! lol You're right, much better that way!

    Thank you to everyone else!! I am so excited...it's difficult to put into words!

    ReplyDelete

I'm so glad you're here!