Friday, June 19, 2009

Parched

We
.
.
.
Need
.
.
.
Rain!!!

You know it's bad when even the succulents are looking parched. Despite lots of sprinkler action, my garden is unhappy and wilty. There's really no substitute for what God pours down from the sky. I've considered collecting rainwater to use in the garden, but that would require me to put my thinking cap on. In this heat, my thinking cap doesn't work so well. Oh, yeah, and I'd have to build stuff and move heavy objects, and when the temps hit this high, I feel no desire to do anything but sit...inside...where there's air conditioning. Thank the good Lord for giving us the brains to invent air conditioning.

Hmmmm....

Maybe a rain dance is in order.

Oh, wait. I nearly forgot, It's way to hot to dance. Maybe a rain sit would work....

9 comments:

  1. You can have some of the five days that is in the forecast here!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The 10 day forecast says no rain. Now it's getting scary. Yikes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Surprisingly, it's been rainy and overcast and breezy here all day. That's rare in June in Arizona.

    But I'm certainly not complaining. I'm soaking the coolness up while it lasts. Today, we spent a lot of time outdoors - barbecuing with friends and going on a short run around the neighborhood.

    ReplyDelete
  4. its been raining tons here this year wish I could send you some.
    I have wanted to collect ranwater too, at a local park they have barrels under the rain souts that have a hose at the other end, they are 50 galon plastic drums. Maybe worth looking into.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Let us know if the rain sit works. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I know how you and your garden are feeling - even as I'm freezing my socks off over here! We have been on water restrictions seemingly forever now - with our water catchments down to 24% of their normal supply, we're not allowed to do any garden watering (ETC) and raintanks are becoming the norm.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my goodness I wish we could send some of our rain your way...it just doesn't stop raining here. I am dreaming of sunshine and warmth.

    ReplyDelete
  8. And we're looking forward to NO rain...

    ReplyDelete
  9. And we're looking forward to NO rain...

    ReplyDelete

I'm so glad you're here!