Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Tag Time

I've been tagged by Monica from Moon Over Maize. If you've never checked her out, you certainly should. Psst...she makes really cute jewelry! So, on with the meme:

The rules:
1. Respond and rework; answer the questions on your blog, replace one question that you dislike with a question of your own invention, add one more question of your own.
2. Tag eight other people.

What is your current obsession? Growing food and going to the farmer's market...and, of course, chopping and cooking all those really lovely, yummy veggies.

What is your weirdest obsession? The spider living on my front porch. I check her out every day...possibly with more frequency than I check my garden. She's moved to three different spots and molted twice. She also might have eaten her husband. I don't know, but she sure looks mean. He's been hanging out in her web for a few days now, and he's mysteriously disappeared. So, either he's found himself another web or she ate him.

What are you wearing today? Rolled up jeans, black flip-flops, and a blue tank top...not exactly my most stylish day. Comfy, though.

What’s for dinner? Probably baked sweet potatoes, steamed kale, and a squash and green tomato something or other. It's still a tad up in the air.

What is your favourite book? I only get to pick one?! Hmmm...I'll have to get back to you on that one.

What’s the last thing you bought? I assume this means something other than food, so that would be some cute clothes from Goodwill.

What are you listening to right now? The air conditioner.

What is your favourite ice-cream flavour? Um. All of them.

What do you think of the person who tagged you? She's a pretty cool homebirthin', jewelry makin' momma!

If you could have a house totally paid for, fully furnished anywhere in the world, where would you like it to be? Here. Does that sound ridiculously provincial? I just like Mississippi.

If you could go anywhere in the world for the next hour where would you go? To Italy for lunch.

Which language do you want to learn? I'm pretty happy with English. Previous attempts at learning other languages have led nowhere fast.

What gets you motivated to clean? This would be part of rule #1. I was about to write a post begging for cleaning motivation. Seriously. I'm not the world's best housekeeper, but I'm not usually the worst either. Lately, though, zero motivation. I look at my house, and wish it would clean itself. Maybe I should throw a party. That's definitely one way to get me to clean up, but then I'd have to clean up after the party too. Ugh. I so need a cleaning pep talk. My attitude towards housework has gone way down hill. Any good advice? Or, bad advice? I'm pretty desperate at this point. ;)

What is your favourite colour? Robin's Egg Blue.

What is your favourite piece of clothing in your own wardrobe? That's a tough one. There's a pink skirt in there that I love. And, a little black dress...duh! And, some pink shoes.........

What is your favourite magazine? I have two. They're actually the only magazines that I ever read, but I read them cover to cover at least twice. . . Mothering and Quilting Arts.

If you had a £100 now, what would you spend it on? Is putting it in savings an option? I'm turning into such an old lady...can't believe I just typed that. But, yeah, savings sounds good.

Favourite artist/s? Oh. my. stars. All these favorites questions are getting me. The list would be insane on this one. I don't even know where to start.

Do you admire anyone’s style? Yes. ;)

Describe your personal style? Comfortable but cute...except today, it's just comfortable. I am a mommy after all. And, I got thrown up on this morning. Oh, yeah, and peed on...not exactly inspiration for a stylin' outfit.

What are you going to do after this? A nap sounds good, but not terribly practical. I think I might muster up some cleaning energy. Or maybe, I'll just say to heck with it and go to Italy for lunch.

What are your favourite movies? The Princess Bride. Truth be told, I don't watch a lot of movies. I think the last movie I saw was The Business of Being Born...very good by the way.

What is your favourite fruit? Blueberries!!! And, strawberries.

What inspires you? Things around me....nature, Levi, my family, and friends.

What music do you like this week? I think this meme is revealing how truly dorky and homebodyish I am. I'm pretty sure that I haven't heard anything except children's music in the last month. We're pretty big into Julia Norton's Lullaby Island. I especially love that it puts Levi to sleep...works like a charm, every time. I'm thinking a little Etta James is in order for the day. Levi's horizons are in need of some broadening.

What is your dream job? Being a mom!

What is stopping you? Nothing. God is very good!

What is your favorite season of the year? Um, all of the above. But, especially spring and autumn. This 100 degree weather is certainly making me look forward to autumn's cool crispness.

Something about yourself that makes no sense? Ha! Does any of it make sense?

Okay, now it's tag time. So, you're it:

1. Liz @ Notes From a Small Town

2. Dera @ Casablanca

3. Heather @ Cool Zebras

4. Holly @ Tropic of Mom

5. Yana @ Heart Go Boom Boom

6. Erin @ It's Your Movie

7. Hannah @ Mulberry Spot

8. Molly @ Star Cottage

10 comments:

  1. I love these questionare thingys. Thanks for the Tag. I just love learning random little tid bits about my bloggy friends. What fun! I think it rocks that you have a spider friend on your porch, that one really made me smile ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was so nice to read a bit more about you! Thanks for your kind words :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that you're watching a spider. I get grossed out by bugs.

    I am not motivated to clean either.

    You're in luck! We have a bathtub, a toilet stool and a sink all in robin's egg blue that you can have!

    ReplyDelete
  4. "The Business of Being Born" IS good. I highly recommend it to all mamas-to-be.

    Fresh fruits and veggies are also good. Your dinner plans sound divine.

    That spider thing is spooky. I think I would have killed it by now. I love animals and even little bugs sometimes, but spiders? Not so much.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have just one OVER-RIDING question. How do you manage to get Levi eating steamed kale? That's a Mum-trick I am miles off perfecting!

    (lovely to hear more about you)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the Princess Bride .. so going to see if they have it at the library!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Glad you're enjoying "Mothering". There's a new book out you might enjoy. The creator's of "The Business of Being Born" have written Your "Best Birth".

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sigh. It would be so fun to meet you in person.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ha! I know what you mean about being nicely dressed - I'm just happy if there's no visible spit-up on it! I can't wait to play. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sorry - that anonymous was me...that's what I get for typing one-handed in the dark. :)

    ReplyDelete

I'm so glad you're here!