Saturday, June 6, 2009

Red Where I Want It And Red Where I Don't

Today, is Farmer's Market Day. Yay! Are y'all Farmer's Market fans like we are? In my dream world I grow enough veggies to eat year round. In reality, I grow vegetables that are still working on giving us more than one meal every so often. The Farmer's Market is the next best thing. Plus, I can get the scoop on different plants that can be grown in my neck of the woods.
Speaking of things growing around here. Ahem...we finally have ourselves a tinge of red!!!! Mmmm....my mouth is watering.
I lost a few bean sprouts to cutworms, so here we have some newbies adorned with cutworm prevention...paper cups sans bottoms. So far, so good.
The blackberries are still red for the most part. We've had a handful of ripe ones, but I'm waiting (not so) patiently for the rest to turn. This is one instance where red is not nearly so loved. At least it's pretty.
Wishing y'all a swell Saturday!

11 comments:

  1. mmm blackberries .. your blog makes me hungry!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a good idea for keeping the cutworms away!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Now I'm DYING for some fresh produce.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your tomatoes are looking great!

    ReplyDelete
  5. i'm so jealous of your tomatoes! mine are still so puny and green. your garden looks beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yummy! Can't wait for blackberry season!

    Right now all the ripe strawberries have already been picked in the fields here. Can't wait until there are enough to get a fun day of picking in...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh gosh. Our garden is nowhere near that far along. **pouting**

    ReplyDelete
  8. Our farmer's market started this weekend! I was so excited about that! We had friends over for dinner and I was able to make a lot of the meal out of what I bought at the FM and what we've got growing in our backyard. LOVE eating local!

    Can't wait for our tomatoes to look like yours!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ooh getting exciting! Warm fresh picked tomatoes..nothing sweeter! Love the paper cups too!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh wow, how lovely that is all looking. So fresh and colourful...yummo. Clever thing..xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow, look at your garden! I'd love a good farmer's market but there's not a real one around for quite a drive.

    ReplyDelete

I'm so glad you're here!