Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Taking It For A Spin

A few days ago, after a very long day in which Levi napped less than an hour, I had the brilliant idea to go to Walmart for a tricycle. Hmmmm....where was my brain? I had dreams of a cute red Radio Flyer trike, and Levi beaming over it. I thought we'd be in and out in no time. Has anyone ever managed getting in and out of Walmart in no time??? Again, where was my brain?
So, we venture in, and finally make it back to the toy section. Levi is already showing signs of crankiness. But, I persevere. We get to the trikes, and lo and behold they have that cute red Radio Flyer. And, better yet, Levi beams over it.
So, why on earth is there a giant plastic Fisher Price trike on my lawn???!!!! Well, it's really not such a long story. Levi instantly got on the nice red Radio Flyer, and he instantly toppled over...trike and all. His feet didn't quite reach the ground, and the wheel base was a bit too narrow for his wobbly self. Sigh. There went my dreams. Instead I opted for the not nearly as cute or nostalgic plastic trike. Because, it's stable and safe, and Levi beams over it, too.
If only beaming was where the story ended. After putting the trike in the buggy, Levi's crankiness turned into giant, horrible sobs and screams. Passersby actually had the nerve to comment. And, of course, it took another half hour just to get out of the store. Oh, my.

3 comments:

  1. Aw! Maybe it wasn't a great beginning, but I bet he'll come to love that little trike!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Our entire backyard is filled with ugly plastic stuff. Really. An ugly trike. And ugly plastic sandbox that we found in the backyard of Luke's great grandma's house when she moved it, ugly plastic basketball hoop, ugly plastic golf set and like twenty ugly plastic trucks. And a plastic sprinkler. And two plastic lawnchairs. And we never put anything away and it is all just lying all over in the grass. HA! I hope that makes you feel better. I seriously think people see our yard and think we are insane!

    ReplyDelete
  3. If plastic wasn't so practical, it wouldn't still be around. I think everyone is allowed a few big plastic toddler toys - and it looks like he loves it!

    ReplyDelete

I'm so glad you're here!