Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Sweet Dreams: Finally

Yesterday was a tiring day...not bad...just tiring.  When nap time rolled around, I was so happy at the prospect of cuddling up with Levi and catching a few z's myself.  Ha!  After two hours of trying to convince him that napping with mommy was a good idea....I'm persistent when sleepy....I finally gave up.  We had a snack, read books, and eventually this oh, so exhausted mama resorted to you tube videos.  Levi's current faves:




Hmmm...how odd...he has his mother's taste in music.  ;-)  Anyway, it worked.  He fell asleep in my arms.  Of course, being the doting mommy, I stared at my sweet angel until my arm fell asleep, and I had to put him down.  What is it with us mamas and the need to stare at and cuddle with our sleeping children even after we've been praying for hours that they would fall asleep?

And, yes, I took pictures.  Note the pile-o-stuff in the bed.  The days of sleeping with one or two strange items are gone.  Now it's a whole flock of craziness...books, puppets, toys, even very large dragons.  This shot doesn't cover the half of what was actually there.  It's a miracle that Stephan and I fit in between it all.

And He Finally Sleeps

And He Finally Sleeps


Sigh. Love.

7 comments:

  1. awww, I just love sleepy kiddo pictures. Adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those pictures are adorable :) I'm listening to the songs... loving them! (I'd only heard the Avett Brother's one, and I adore it!) Good picks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh sleeping little boy....sigh!

    ReplyDelete
  4. "What is it with us mamas and the need to stare at and cuddle with our sleeping children even after we've been praying for hours that they would fall asleep?" Bingo! You've expressed exactly what I go through but just didn't really know it and certainly couldn't have put it in words! Levi is so cute.

    ReplyDelete
  5. love that he is pantsless... my kids like to do that too.

    nell

    ReplyDelete

I'm so glad you're here!