Friday, April 16, 2010

Sigh.

Levi is off to visitation for the second weekend in a row.  Ugh.  It's much harder this go round, and we're not even a whole 3 hours into it yet. 

On the bright side, we had an incredible week.  We generally enjoy ourselves as a family, but there was something special about this particular week.  It was, amazingly, tantrum free and rather blissful.  I thought tantrum free wouldn't be coming our way for some time.  A whole five days of it was awesome. 

It would seem that I would have a boatload of photos to show for such a glorious week, and there were definitely times when I thought about grabbing my camera.  But, it was always in another room.  Grabbing it would have meant missing out on some of the bliss.  I think some moments, days, and weeks are better savored without a lens.

Today was probably the best of the whole week...possibly why it was hard for me to part with Levi.  We had such fun today.  Okay, so Levi waking up at 4 am left me exhausted, but he was so friendly and funny ALL day long that I couldn't help but want to squeeze him and keep him close to me. 

This morning his laughter was infectious as he climbed "mountains" (a.k.a. Stephan trying to sleep under the covers).  It left me grinning, and Stephan is terribly good humored about being woken up by a 40 pound munchkin jumping on him and calling him a mountain.  I've definitely married a keeper!

Levi spent half the morning searching for acorn tops, which he is utterly fascinated by.   And, he got a mite bit upset with a squirrel for eating his "acrins".  How dare he?

He also searched for a ladybug that we spotted days ago...no luck.  Poor fella was so very offended by the idea that she might have flown away.  Didn't she know she was supposed to stay put?

The little munchkin was thrilled when my parents came for a post-nap visit.  The day was beautiful, so we headed to a frozen yogurt shop with a kid friendly fountain out front.  Levi refuses to set foot in the fountain, but he loves watching other kids play in it.  When we got home, he spent the remainder of his day playing and squealing with delight.  That's one of the things I miss most when he's gone...the squeals.  They just make my day complete.

So, what to do with yet another weekend without my little guy???  Me thinks crocheting and knitting are on the agenda for sure.  That and shopping.  What would a bum weekend be without a little retail therapy?

Photobucket

3 comments:

  1. Your week sounds incredible :) So glad you had that tantrum free time, it's wonderful when that happens.
    Thinking of you this weekend. Hope it goes by fast and you've got your little guy back in your arms before you know it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It sounds like you had a wonderful week! I hope you have a nice restful weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Levi sounds like the cutest little guy!

    Retail therapy, alone, sounds good to me!

    Rest, put your feet up , watch your favorite show, sip on a yummy cup of tea.
    You deserve it!

    ReplyDelete

I'm so glad you're here!