Saturday, December 19, 2009

An Update

Levi is home and tucked in bed. 
What a rough time we've both had. 
For me the tears did eventually flow.   
As for Levi.  When he got home he cried.  Then he became very quiet.  He rested on my shoulder for quite some time before falling asleep.  Oh, if only that was where the story ended.  I tried to shift him onto the bed, but he woke up crying.  A book briefly distracted him, and when he was done with that, he wanted to go to Nanno and Baw-Baw's house.  Off we went.  It wasn't long before the true and horrible meltdown started.  He cried and screamed and cried some more.  Since going to sleep, he's already woken up once, screaming.  He sat in my arms and screamed himself back to sleep.  Nothing comforted him.  He's never been so upset.  There is such an awful mixture of sadness, anger, and fear. 
I wish I knew something more to do for him.  It's all I can do to stay calm and not to cry with him.
I so hope that tomorrow brings with it some normalcy and maybe even a little joy.  And, I'm praying that this gets easier.   

Thank you for all of your prayers, kind words, and well wishes.

7 comments:

  1. I'm sorry for the rough time you both had. It's never easy to spend a night away from your child, and I bet he had a hard time too. I hope tomorrow will be a happier day for you two.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my sweet little Madeline and Levi. I wish I could give you a soft and warm hug in person. I wish I could kneel down to Levi's level and offer him a warm smile and kind words. I hope typed words instead of spoken words will help even in the smallest way.

    Nell

    ReplyDelete
  3. I should have read this post first! Poor little Levi. Poor you! I hope you are both better now after the weekend. Hugs....

    ReplyDelete
  4. OH Madeline. I'm with Nell. I wish I could hug you. I'm so sorry for this and I will continue to pray.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just catching up on your blog and saw this. Oh my. I'm glad you have such a great group of friends and family (and an even greater God) to help you through all this.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I know this is behind you .... HUGS.

    ReplyDelete

I'm so glad you're here!