Monday, December 14, 2009

Christmas Q & A

I found this cute Christmas meme over at Stuff Parents Need, and decided to play along...

1. Egg Nog or Hot Chocolate? Hot Chocolate...I'm partial to the homemade variety, and I like to spice mine up with dried ancho chiles.
2. Does Santa wrap presents or just sit them under the tree? I don't know yet.  I'm undecided on Santa.  But, if we do Santa, he'll bring tangerines, and small gifts for stockings, so if you count a stocking as wrapped then wrapped they may be.
3. Colored lights on tree/house or white? Currently I have big red retro looking lights on the front porch, and no lights on the tree...it's tinsel.  It shines all by itself.
4. Do you hang mistletoe? No.  Although, when my kiddo is old enough not to eat it, I think it would be fun to go hunt for some and hang it up.
5. When do you put your decorations up? The day after Thanksgiving, and they stay up until the full 12 days of Christmas have come and gone.
6. What is your favorite holiday dish? Can I pick more than one.  My mama makes a mean oyster stuffing.  And, homemade cranberry relish is so yum.  And, I love sweet potato casserole (no marshmallows, please) with dried apricots and chopped pecans.
7. Favorite Holiday memory as a child? I loved that "Santa" always left tangerines and nuts (with the shells) in our stockings.
8. When and how did you learn the truth about Santa? Um...I never actually believed in Santa.  My parents tried their darndest, but I just wouldn't buy it.  I think I was 5 when they FINALLY told me.  My mom says that my first question was pretty much, "Are you sure there's a Santa?" 

9. Do you open a gift on Christmas Eve? Nope.

10. How do you decorate your Christmas tree? With the ornaments that I care the least about.  Levi likes to undecorate it and redecorate it too much for me to be worrying over anything sentimental right now.

11. Snow! Love it or Dread it? Love that Levi loves it.  Don't love how cold it is.  And, really love that it doesn't happen too often around here.
12. Do you remember your favorite gift? A bag of rusted metal objects.  My brother gave it to me when I was a teenager.  I collected that sort of thing.  I probably still would, if I wasn't afraid of Levi getting hurt on it.

13. What’s the most important thing about the Holidays for you?  Spending time with the people I love.
14. What is your favorite holiday tradition? I'm loving making new traditions with Levi.
15. What tops your tree? I'm not sure if it's supposed to be a star or a snowflake.

16. Which do you prefer giving or receiving?  Both.  I love to give to others, but I think it's really fun to receive as well...and I don't just mean stuff...time, and love are really the best.
17. Candy Canes: Yuck or Yum? Not so yum....unless crunched up and mixed into chocolate.  Then they're dangerous.  I don't like mint on it's own, but mint chocolate...now that's addictive.
18. Favorite Christmas Show? Nothing comes to mind right now.
19. What is your favorite Christmas Song? Lots of them, but I really love Silent Night.

So, I think every last one of you should do this.  Seriously.  I would love to read your answers.  If you play, please leave a link in the comments, and I'll definitely swing by.

3 comments:

  1. I had to do this. Thanks for trip down memory lane. Warmed my heart on this chilly day!

    www.upsidedownkate.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. This was fun to read. Thanks for doing it! And I am officially requesting your sweet potato casserole recipe! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooh yay! Someone else who doesn't "do" Santa. We have just as much fun and haven't missed having him as part of the tradition. Loved reading the meme too!

    Liz

    ReplyDelete

I'm so glad you're here!