Wednesday, December 2, 2009

A Rooster

Saturday morning we woke up very early and headed for a nearby open market...okay, so it would be more appropriately called a redneck market. I should have brought my camera with me. I assure you, it is quite a sight to behold. The booths are made of trash, and they sell junk and chickens...we were there for the chickens. We planned on buying a few more hens and a rooster, but we were out of luck with the hens. Only roosters and ducks were up for grabs. We did manage to snag this lovely fella'...
He is destined to be well loved...possibly too well loved...
The man we bought him from didn't know what he was, but he looks very much like an Ameraucana rooster we had and adored. We bought this one hoping his looks were a sign. I think we were right. Our hens adore him, and as you can tell so does Levi. He's also a pretty docile little thing...which is good when you've got a munchkin running around wanting to squeeze him.
Oh, and speaking of the munchkin, I have got to get his rooster imitation on video. He doesn't just say Cock-a-doodle-doo. He actually attempts to truly imitate the roosters call. It's squeezably cute.
So, done any rooster kissin' lately? ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm so glad you're here!