Wednesday, December 9, 2009

The Not So Shiny

I generally stick to the shiny side of life in this little ole' blog of mine...not for the sake of creating an illusion but because I am genuinely happy.  I want to focus on that and express my heartfelt gratitude for this beautiful life.  My life is truly overflowing with love and blessings, but it still has its fair share of rotten stinkin' awful moments (sometimes even days, weeks, months, and years).  One of those (rather prolonged) "moments" has been going on since before this blog began. I almost never talk about it here, so many of you may be a bit surprised.  To be honest, I've been debating whether or not to write this post, and as I write I am still unsure if I'll hit ‘publish’....we'll see.  I know...I know...you're saying "Out with it, already!".  So, out with it I go.

Monday marked the end of a two and a half year long divorce battle...unless of course you count the exceptionally rocky and horrible two years that we (sometimes) lived together in wedded unbliss....that would make it four and a half years.  Oh. my.  (You can say "Congratulations." However weird it sounds, in this case congratulations are most appropriate.)  I do not feel comfortable publishing loads of detail, and really you'd just get tired and confused reading all of it....I get tired and confused just thinking about it.  That aspect of life has been capital C kind of crazy.  I am relieved that it is over.  I didn't know how much I was holding my breath until I was finally able to release it.  Boy, does it feel good to breathe again....really, really good.

I am grateful that this nightmare has ended.  I am grateful that God gave me the strength to see it through and to stand up for myself.  I am grateful for my family and friends...y'all are a true blessing.  I am grateful for the prayers of the people who love and care about me.  I don't regret a single bit of it because in the end happiness came out of sadness...beauty came out of ugliness.  Levi is in my life.  And, that is worth all of it...every last bit.

I know there are other people out there who are going through something similar...maybe not even a divorce but just a really rotten time.  When you're in the midst of a bad situation it can be difficult to see the end, but it is there.  I promise.  It may not be tomorrow or the next day.  It may be two years from now or ten, but it is there.  And, it will come.  Know that you are strong enough to get through the hard times even when you don't feel like it.  We are all "fearfully and wonderfully made" by God.  I am prone to see this more easily in my child than in myself.  But, sometimes, you just have to believe even when you don't see.  You might be surprised by what you find...about yourself, others, and the whole of this beautiful creation.  If you are currently going through troubles, please know that I am praying for you.  And, I don't say that lightly or flippantly.  I really am praying for you.

10 comments:

  1. I'm so sad you had to go through that, but so glad you have come out on the other side with a feeling of peace and happiness. And you truly are a shiny, happy person. I'm glad I found your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. so glad your journey is over. May your holiday be filled with joy peace adn love with you and Levi.

    ReplyDelete
  3. May the next part of your journey be filled with much happiness and love.

    ReplyDelete
  4. ((hugs))
    So glad to hear that you can now move forward without that weight on your shoulders anymore. You are a strong woman, and an amazing mama to Levi.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So glad that's behind you now. Good for you for sticking to the shiny side of life!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have so much I want to say, but in this moment and in this space I will just say-- congratulations, and I am so glad you feel the peace of renewal and turning pages and all of that. As you said, it was a long four years but now you have a lifetime of Levi and he is pretty darn amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my...that is a long journey but what a feeling it must be to exhale now, as you said. Love to you and hope for what is now free to come your way. x

    ReplyDelete
  8. You are an amazingly strong woman! Without that dark time, the light of your life wouldn't be here. So, amen for Levi!

    ReplyDelete
  9. wow. congratulations.
    making it through is so the hardest part.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Madeline, even though I don't know the ins and outs of the whole story, I do want to say I am very proud of you for being so strong. From the year we were friends I learned you were a strong and beautiful woman, but I am positive this difficult experience has made you a better woman. And you are right, Levi is a beautiful part of your life that you never would've had with out such a trial. Thank the Lord for that.

    Love you.

    ps- i'm back in internet land! I will be reading and commenting and blogging again. I've missed it so!!

    ReplyDelete

I'm so glad you're here!