Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Holiday Yumminess

Nanno's Sweet Potato Casserole with Apricots

Ingredients:
1/2 a stick of butter
6 sweet potatoes, cooked, peeled, and sliced (you can cook these in advance and refrigerate)
1/2-3/4 c. chopped apricots
1 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. vanilla
1 tsp. ground cinnamon
2 eggs
1/4 c. sugar (you can substitute fructose, and really you could use less sugar)
1/4 c. cream
1/4 c. chopped pecans
Brown sugar (we generally eyeball the amount on this one...I guess maybe and 1/8 to a 1/4 cup??)

Directions:
Add butter to potatoes. (If they're hot, they'll melt the butter. If the potatoes are cold, melt the butter first.) Combine the next 7 ingredients with a mixer.  Put in a 2 qt. casserole. Combine chopped pecans and brown sugar.  Sprinkle over the top.  Bake at 350 F for 30 min. Serves 10-12.

What's your favorite holiday recipe?

2 comments:

  1. I'm definitely going to have to try this one. Sounds super yummy. I, LOVE, my mom's roast beef. Or her cheezy ham & potatoes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much for posting this! I can't wait to try it myself.

    ReplyDelete

I'm so glad you're here!