Monday, December 28, 2009

The Shiny Side

I have a little surprise up my sleeve.
.
.
.
You wanna know what it is?
.
.
.
Drum roll please...
.
.
.
Are you ready for it?  ; )
.
.
.
You sure?
.
.
.
Alrighty then
.
.
.
This Barefoot Mama's gettin' hitched!!!



I told you it was a surprise.  He's kinda cute...huh?  To top it off he's my best friend, and he happens to be the sweetest guy on the face of this planet....in my not so humble opinion.

To answer possible questions...no, we didn't just meet yesterday...and no, he's not the reason for this.  I promise.  I'm not that kind of girl.  We met over the course of my ridiculously lengthy divorce...which at the time was inconvenient and annoying.  But, in retrospect it's got God's fingerprints all over it.  Meeting that way and only being able to be friends actually allowed us to become best friends.  Funny how things work out.

You wanna know the coolest part?  Levi thinks he hung the stinkin' moon.  Those two fellas could start their own mutual admiration society.  Which is a good thing, because no matter how swank I think he is, he wasn't going to make the cut without Levi's wholehearted approval.

Oh...what's that?...you wanna know his name?  :)  It's Stephan.  Although, most people (except me for some odd reason) call him Steve.  Someday, I might be converted...we'll see.

We're tying the knot February 13 in my parents' back yard.  Sorry to disappoint though...it won't be a full on barefoot wedding because...um...Mississippi is cold in February.  People are probably going to be ready to slap me for having the shindig in the backyard in the first place.  But, I'm aiming for small, relaxed, and personal...the backyard fits.

P.S. Sorry about the not so fabulous photos.  I tried to get some over Christmas, but we just weren't managing photogenic...or even close.

P.P.S. One day in the near future, I'll actually sit down and write a post about how we met.  So, inquiring minds can know.

17 comments:

  1. Congratulations, that really is such wonderful news :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Oh Oh *yippee*...that's such beautiful beautiful news!!! Boy are you good at surprises. May you find every happiness friend.
    Oh and the backyard wedding sounds so perfect! x I'm so happy for you right now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. WHAT!!?
    I'm thrilled! That is beautiful and lovely news. I can't wait to hear the full story of how you met and how you knew that marrying your best friend was such a good idea (funny how it works out that way huh!?)

    congrats dear friend, all my love and best wishes! Quick! You better go start sewing...I can imagine you could whip up a fabulous wedding gown!

    ReplyDelete
  4. i've been waiting for this post!!! yippeee! i'm so excited for you, and i'm amazed at how well you've kept this secret. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. So happy for you. Wish you both every happiness.

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOW! So exciting! Congratulations! He is totally a cutie.

    Why do I feel like I haven't been reading very well? Can I plead sleep deprivation of three children?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very exciting! Wishing you all the happiness you deserve!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Did you hear me screaming all the way from Florida?!

    Your man is way hunky. I'm soooo happy for you!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow!, sneaky you, well done. No idea you had that big a surprise up your sleeve. And he's cute too :-) Glenn and I were close friends first too, even helping each other through messy relationships and I truly believe being friends first makes being couples so much easier. You have already established all the ground work in honesty and sharing that is so needed. I wish you too all the best for your future together and all the fun in the world planning the day, hey and you'll have such a cute little ring bearer if he's into it.

    ReplyDelete
  10. AWWWWWWWW - YAY Madeline. And yes, he is cute! Congrats to you and Levi and your lovely man. So happy for you. Really, really am.

    Nell

    ReplyDelete
  11. Huge congratulations, Madeline! I can't wait to hear more about your story, wedding prep, etc.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow, congratulations! That's so exciting and I'm looking forward to hearing more :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. *squeal* I am so over-the-fence-and-back-again excited for you!!! Really. I can't stop smiling.

    Congratulations, Madeline! You deserve all kinds of love + happiness.

    Can't wait to hear more of your story. I am definitely an "inquiring mind." ;)

    P.S. A simple, backyard wedding sounds absolutely lovely...and just your style.

    stephanie@metropolitanmama.net

    ReplyDelete
  14. OH MY! Congratulations!! I love the happiness you all three exude.

    ReplyDelete
  15. OHMYGOODNESS, Madeline!! Congrats! I'm so, so happy for you, and Levi too!! Oh, such exciting news, I'm just thrilled to hear it! :) I'll look forward to hearing about the wedding planning and all! Just so happy for you - YAY!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I know I already commented on this but WHAT A COOL SURPRISE! I am grinning from ear to ear for you!

    ReplyDelete

I'm so glad you're here!